Eustacy discussion on DP show

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
Dan Patrick is comparing the Eustacy situation to the Pitino situation on his radio show today.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
They've been discussing it on Mike & Mike as well, saying that the reason why Eustachy was fired was because he was drinking with students. I sent in an e-mail stating that it wasn't just because he was drinking with students, but because those students were from K-State and Missouri...

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
DP is stating that if Eustacy was winning at the time, he might not have been fired.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
DP is stating that if Eustacy was winning at the time, he might not have been fired.

I think that's a given.

M&M were talking with Kaplan last night. Dave said that he doesn't think there's any way that under contract - Pitino could be let go for his personal transgressions.

First thing I thought of was "ask LE about that...."

puckwarrior

Aug 31, 2006
QC
I see the two as being somewhat different. Although I like LE as a coach, I see what he did as worse then the affair that Pitino had. I don't want our coach out drinking with the coeds at other campuses.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
I see the two as being somewhat different. Although I like LE as a coach, I see what he did as worse then the affair that Pitino had. I don't want our coach out drinking with the coeds at other campuses.

Eustachy was drinking beer with adults. Pitino was having an affair.

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
You'd rather him have sex with them?

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid

You may want to check your priorities. I've been drinking with lots of college age adults since graduating and being married. It's called tailgating, but I've never cheated on my wife and will never cheat on my wife. I think Pitino's actions are disgusting.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006

dwtf_lg.gif

dundermifflin

Nov 14, 2007

Wow. I can't feel any more opposite than you.

Gnomeborg

Dec 24, 2008

I... what?

You would rather the coach have sex with a woman in a public place, pay for that woman to have an abortion, hide it from his family and the institution, and then after she married his friend and employee, sleep with her again? And then only admit to it after she attempted to extort him. You'd rather have the coach do that than share some adult beverages with adults that just happen to be students and fans of teams we play? That's just plain foolish.

And if you think that the firing of Larry happened because it was getting in the way of his coaching, think again. Ask any Hilton cleanup staff who happened to clean up after a home game if there was actually any caffeine free coke in that caffeine free coke can during the season we should have won our national championship.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I... what?

You would rather the coach have sex with a woman in a public place, pay for that woman to have an abortion, hide it from his family and the institution, and then after she married his friend and employee, sleep with her again? And then only admit to it after she attempted to extort him. You'd rather have the coach do that than share some adult beverages with adults that just happen to be students and fans of teams we play? That's just plain foolish.

And if you think that the firing of Larry happened because it was getting in the way of his coaching, think again. Ask any Hilton cleanup staff who happened to clean up after a home game if there was actually any caffeine free coke in that caffeine free coke can during the season we should have won our national championship.

I couldn't agree more with your first paragraph - Pitino's act makes Larry look like a choirboy.
As for the second paragraph - all of LE's players and staff have gone on record as saying that they saw no hint of an alcohol problem with LE - that they never smelled alcohol on his breath, nor did he ever seem inebriated. Your info. indicating otherwise is news to me...

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I believe Larry never coached under the influence but I heard enough stories about his bar behavior that I do believe anyone that saw him in public in Ames knew he had a problem. BVD knew, heck he knew about the photos well before they ever came out too and no one stepped in and got him help. Professionaly it really ruined him but personally I think it was the kick in the butt he needed to get sober and even he has gone on the record to say that. Will always like Larry, he did great things here and I loved his sense of humor and work ethic. I think he got more out of less than any coach at ISU ever has.

Gnomeborg

Dec 24, 2008
I believe Larry never coached under the influence but I heard enough stories about his bar behavior that I do believe anyone that saw him in public in Ames knew he had a problem. BVD knew, heck he knew about the photos well before they ever came out too and no one stepped in and got him help. Professionaly it really ruined him but personally I think it was the kick in the butt he needed to get sober and even he has gone on the record to say that. Will always like Larry, he did great things here and I loved his sense of humor and work ethic. I think he got more out of less than any coach at ISU ever has.

Totally agree here. Especially with the BVD statements. Bruce wanted out of Larry's contract, and found a way. Bruce wanted to pay less for a coach, and didn't care how he got to that point.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron