question for uni fans

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Playing second fiddle to UNI is nothing to brag about. It's like asking Hawkeye fans what team they root for during the basketball season.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
UNI is my second fav to Iowa State so, hypothetically without a UNI, I'd still be a Cyclone first. But thankfully that not the case and I have my Panthers as well. Also the Sun Devils down at ASU.

Jun 12, 2009
Cedar Falls
You're not helping my crusade to prove that all UNI alums such as myself, are infact not hawkeye fans. :skeptical:

That would be a pretty tough crusade to prove because of the fact that most people who go to UNI and people who live in the Cedar Falls/Waterloo area are mostly Hawkeye fans after the Panthers of course.

Havs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
That would be a pretty tough crusade to prove because of the fact that most people who go to UNI and people who live in the Cedar Falls/Waterloo area are mostly Hawkeye fans after the Panthers of course.

After the Panthers? I bet there will be Panthers rooting for the Hawks on September 5th!!

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
Meant to say NOT all. Wish I could type, Not all UNI alums are hawkeye fans, there we go.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
You're not helping my crusade to prove that not all UNI alums such as myself, are hawkeye fans. :skeptical:

I'm also a UNI alum. I like Iowa, but I'd never root against UNI. In football, UNI isn't going to beat Iowa for the most part. It might happen once in 50 years or so. Could it happen next year...possible I guess, but not likely. So I basically hope the Panthers can keep it relatively close. I was at the last Iowa/UNI, ISU/UNI games. It was pretty fun. The best part about wearing UNI gear is that nobody really gives you any problems for it, although it was a little different after the ISU game:wink:

By the way, while I was at UNI there were a ton of Hawkeye fans. It was not uncommon to see people wearing Iowa shirts/hats. Not so much on the ISU side.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Pretty much all UNI fans ARE hawkeye fans. When their teams play each other, they don't know who to root for.