ISU Football Gameday

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
Why is it that:

1. ISU Fans cannot get to a game on time? Kickoff attendance is 70% of total game day attendance.
  2. ISU Fans cannot clap to a beat? Never, in the history of me going to ISU football games which dates back to the Big Eight and astroturf Cyclone Stadium, has the fan base ever been able to clap along to the fight song in rhythm.
I'm curious.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
I hope that Pollard no longer allows fans to leave the game at halftime and than come back in. Sure it is fun to go grab a beer, but 1/2 the people are late coming back in or never return. That needs to chance

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Iowa State hasn't given people a reason to want to see the game. When we start winning games, people will show up early. I'll still be there when the gates open regardless. :yes:

You will NEVER get 50,000 people to clap in unison. Ever.

Reactions: cyco2000

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I am lucky to get to my seat right at kickoff, tailgating is just too much fun! As for the clapping thing we suck at that. And about having to go out at halftime, just bring some beers with you like everyone else does!

Jack & Hilton

Nov 30, 2007
Because the last few years fans have needed to be heavily intoxicated to watch us play, it helps sometimes, really does.

hiltonisheaven

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
I try to get there right at kickoff so I don't have to listen Jeff Johnson barking into the microphone for 10 minutes before kickoff. They need to take that thing away from him. :sad:

Reactions: LeSchmick and SC Cy

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
Why not they paid for their ticket, there at the game. Does 5 minutes really make the difference? Worry about those not attending or purchasing tickets.

Sure they paid for their ticket, so I guess they can do what they want with it. I just can't understand why someone would pay good money for a ticket to an event, and then only watch roughly 60% of said event. I see no pleasure in this routine - show up halfway through the 1st qtr, leave with 2 min on the clock in the 2nd qtr to get beer at halftime, show up halfway through the 3rd qtr, leave halfway into the 4th qtr.

What's the point of even going to the game? Seems like for way too many people, the game is an inconvenient interruption to tailgating.

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
Why is it that:

1. ISU Fans cannot get to a game on time? Kickoff attendance is 70% of total game day attendance.
  2. ISU Fans cannot clap to a beat? Never, in the history of me going to ISU football games which dates back to the Big Eight and astroturf Cyclone Stadium, has the fan base ever been able to clap along to the fight song in rhythm.
I'm curious.

Not even football season and the ***** fest begins, oh well here goes...

1. Because I am embarrassed that we have a 50 year old man leading cheers before a game

edit: hilton beat me to it!

Last edited:

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
I love watching the band's pre-game performance, it get's me jazzed up, starts the adrenaline for the day! Miss that, and I think the fans aren't as fired up when the team exits Jacobsen

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
I agree that fans take way to long getting into the stands, but maybe if our football team was better they would care more about it.

The thing that irritates me is the people who sit in the center lots and watch the game on the videoboard and listen to the radio. This is one reason why I think they should move the video board to the north endzone when they bowl in the south endzone.

Last edited:

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
You will NEVER get 50,000 people to clap in unison. Ever.

This, and it does take a little bit of time for sound from the band to travel from one side of the stadium to the other so people sitting by the band hear it before people on the other side of the stadium. Plus some people just don't have any rhythm!

SC Cy

Jun 30, 2006
Omaha, NE
twitter.com
I try to get there right at kickoff so I don't have to listen Jeff Johnson barking into the microphone for 10 minutes before kickoff. They need to take that thing away from him. :sad:

+1,000,000

I am embarrassed by this. I was hoping they wouldn't do this last season. Now it's in my prayers that they don't do it this season.

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
Not even football season and the ***** fest begins, oh well here goes...

1. Because I am embrassed that we have a 50 year old man leading cheers before a game

This is a good point, do other Big XII schools have pre-game cheerleaders that aren't in their 20's? I went to NE once, don't remember a "cheerer"

delt4cy

May 11, 2006
Atlanta, GA

haha-

Cccccccc Yyyyyyyyy Cccccccc lllllllllll Oooo nnnnnnn Eee Ssssssss

(with a mouth full of marbles sounding like Fat Albert)

Reactions: CycoCyclone

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
Sure they paid for their ticket, so I guess they can do what they want with it. I just can't understand why someone would pay good money for a ticket to an event, and then only watch roughly 60% of said event. I see no pleasure in this routine - show up halfway through the 1st qtr, leave with 2 min on the clock in the 2nd qtr to get beer at halftime, show up halfway through the 3rd qtr, leave halfway into the 4th qtr.

What's the point of even going to the game? Seems like for way too many people, the game is an inconvenient interruption to tailgating.
I dunno....the enjoyment of time with family and/or friends. Watching your favorite team. Just because not everyone is die hards like we are doesn't mean they're not enjoying themselves and contributing to the gameday atsmosphere any less. I agree as earlier stated too that winning will bring in more people longer.