Only 10 BCS teams without a player drafted

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Gordyo5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 3, 2007
Glenwood, Ia
Just saw it on SportsCenter and got curious and looked them up on ESPN.com
These are who I came up with, I did it fairly quick but am pretty sure it is right:

Stanford, UCLA, Washington, Northwestern, Minnesota, Kansas, Indiana, Miss St, Duke and of unfortunately ISU.

Reactions: cyfanatic

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
UCLA should never go a year without having a draft pick. I can see why some of the others might once in awhile.

kucyclone

Jan 16, 2008
Seattle
You could reasonably look at that list like this: These are the ten teams who are losing the least amount of talent from last year's team to this year's team.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
It's interesting that all those teams are from major conferences - and I assume that means that even teams at the bottom of the WAC, MAC, CUSA, etc. did have guys drafted. That seems weird.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
It's interesting that all those teams are from major conferences - and I assume that means that even teams at the bottom of the WAC, MAC, CUSA, etc. did have guys drafted. That seems weird.

You look at our team, and we only started a couple of seniors, and we weren't very good. I think there is NFL talent on this team (Franklin, Arnaud, LJ) but they aren't seniors.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Well (according to ESPN), considering ISU only had one player in the draft and he likely wasn't gong to get drafted anyway, I wouldn't necessarily look at this as such a big deal. Get back to me when we have 5-10 players in the draft with a few of our role players entering and none of them get drafted...

cyclonemaniac7

Apr 11, 2006
Well (according to ESPN), considering ISU only had one player in the draft and he likely wasn't gong to get drafted anyway, I wouldn't necessarily look at this as such a big deal. Get back to me when we have 5-10 players in the draft with a few of our role players entering and none of them get drafted...

Exactly. We didn't have a lot of seniors graduate who were really talented and were expected to be drafted. I don't see this as a big deal this year.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA

Exactly. We didn't have a lot of seniors graduate who were really talented and were expected to be drafted. I don't see this as a big deal this year.

You guys are missing the point.

Its not that we didn't have any of our eligible guys (1) drafted. - its that we didn't even have one player talented enough to get drafted this year at all - while most every other program did.

we'll hope its just a one year fluke.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
Just saw it on SportsCenter and got curious and looked them up on ESPN.com
These are who I came up with, I did it fairly quick but am pretty sure it is right:

Stanford, UCLA, Washington, Northwestern, Minnesota, Kansas, Indiana, Miss St, Duke and of unfortunately ISU.

Interesting that some of those teams have been brought up as examples of teams that we should be more like (Stanford, Minnesota, Kansas) and yet they still didn't have any players drafted. Like someone else said, it could mean that the best players from those teams are all coming back this year. It could also mean that ISU has a breakout season waiting to happen.

Cloner97

Apr 11, 2006
Another interesting nugget of information. Miami, who had been riding a 14 year streak of having a Hurricane player selected in the first round had to wait until pick #176 to see Spencer Adkins fall off the board to the Atlanta Falcons. Perhaps now in the pre game introductions we'll go back to hearing the players say "University of Miami" rather than 'The U". Their pride certainly has been hurt.

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
With Texas Tech having Crabtree go in the first round, is it true ISU is the only Big 12 (since its inception) team to never have a player go first round?

cyclonemaniac7

Apr 11, 2006
You guys are missing the point.

Its not that we didn't have any of our eligible guys (1) drafted. - its that we didn't even have one player talented enough to get drafted this year at all - while most every other program did.

we'll hope its just a one year fluke.

How many of our senior starters did we lose?

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
The other stat I find kinda funny is that UCONN had 4 players picked and Michigan,Noter Dame and Miami (FL) had a combined 4 players picked.