Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I agree, I think those of us ISU fans lamenting a potential Drake/ISU 2nd round matchup probably don't need to. Washington State will likely be ISU's 2nd round opponent IMO.
Vegas has WSU favored over Drake by 1.5. Pretty much a toss up.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Samford is a very good three point shooter. I think his percentage would be better if didn't force some threes at times.
Agree, that is part of the deal when a player is primary 3 point guy. He's going to be relied on taking tough shots vs. being selective.

I like taller 3 point shooters like Sandfort, they can get their shot off a little easier than shorter guards. We have Momcilovic and Curtis Jones. Indrusaitis fits that bill as well. I'm hoping that Watson can grow in that respect as well, in HS he was a solid baseline jump shooter.

Reactions: Acylum

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Agree, that is part of the deal when a player is primary 3 point guy. He's going to be relied on taking tough shots vs. being selective.

I like taller 3 point shooters like Sandfort, they can get their shot off a little easier than shorter guards. We have Momcilovic and Curtis Jones. Indrusaitis fits that bill as well. I'm hoping that Watson can grow in that respect as well, in HS he was a solid baseline jump shooter.
Mom is a good 2 inches taller than Sandfort. I don't know how many people remember this, but there was a tweet by one of the Hok media (probably Eickholt, but not sure) in the offseason between Sandforts Fr and So years that Payton had grown to 6'9'' over the offseason. I am not sure if he was ever listed at 6'9'', but he sure isn't currently, and doesn't look it.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Mom is a good 2 inches taller than Sandfort. I don't know how many people remember this, but there was a tweet by one of the Hok media (probably Eickholt, but not sure) in the offseason between Sandforts Fr and So years that Payton had grown to 6'9'' over the offseason. I am not sure if he was ever listed at 6'9'', but he sure isn't currently, and doesn't look it.
Your mom is tall!

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Gotta remember the NCAA men's 3 point line moved back 16" in 2019. So not really an apples to apples compare.

Looking at NCAA stats for this season Sanford's 37.5% is 12th best among P6 players. I would consider that elite.

So Lipsey is elite too then?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Point taken, but I don’t enjoy playing this game when it comes to the NCAA.

It’s the classic “be careful what you wish for” event - seems like anytime fans get excited about an upset happening, or Team A beating Team B because they’d rather play Team A, or excited about their “good draw” it usually comes back to bite you.

Does it or do we just remember those more?

I feel like there have been plenty of times where teams had the road basically paved for them by upsets in the earlier rounds. Baylor's first couple runs to the elite 8 come in mind, where they went there both times without beating a single-digit seed.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
So Lipsey is elite too then?
He's elite as a ball handler, defender and rebounding guard. He's elite based on what ISU asks him to do.

At this point, I wouldn't say Lipsey is an elite 3 point shooter. Too small a sample size based on 103 attempted three point shots this season. Sandfort has shot over 225 three's. On the Clones, Momcilovic (36%) and Curtis Jones(33%) have shot 189/156 three pointers respectively.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

idk-i-dont-know.gif

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

I feel like there have been plenty of times where teams had the road basically paved for them by upsets in the earlier rounds. Baylor's first couple runs to the elite 8 come in mind, where they went there both times without beating a single-digit seed.

Oh absolutely! Those 11/6, 12/5, 13/4, and 14/3 upsets will really bust things wide open for a 2 or 3 seed.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Obviously not a football thread and I could be hearing bad information, but Kayden Procter is rumored to be heading back to Alabama? Anyone else hearing that

• Haha
Reactions: Acylum