*** Official #25 IOWA STATE VS Iowa Game(Day) Thread ***

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
6-7 seniors and no floor leadership. What is Monte doing? Thomas played hard but just doesn't have the physical tools to dominate. Babb off the bench gave a hoot but the rest were out to lunch. Need our Ejim or Niang

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
The Clyburn year we were a 10 seed in the NCAA tournament. I would gladly take that at this point. We are an NIT team this year, no good non-conference wins, probably go 9-9 or 8-10 in the Big 12.

You actually believe this team can win 8 conference games.....

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Let Iowa have their little party tonight. Good for them. We'll still have a much better season, as usual. Prohm better install the offense SOON.

Iowa will go back to sucking again tomorrow. Count on it.
hate to break it to you but that is the offense.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
SuPERBOWL!
And no way we are a top 25 team. Bubble at best. Our inability to run an offense that makes sense blows my mind.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I don't blame Prohm for this disaster. I think he had a good strategy to focus almost entirely on teaching defense to start the season. It was reasonable to expect the offense would come naturally to this team... unfortunately the seniors on the team somehow completely forgot how to run an offense. Hopefully they'll focus completely on offense in their practices for the next month, and they'll be back on track before it's too late to recover this season.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Monte is trying to be something he isn't, a scorer. He's a distributor, Coach needs to stop forcing things. Until this battle is figured out, this team will struggle to find it's identity.
Prohm is trying to make Monte something that he isn't. Hopefully next year Wigginton will be the scoring pg prohm desperately needs.

• Agree
Reactions: Dopey and mharder

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
he was at a mid major power that was good before him. There are examples of guys that succeed in that role (Kennedy who is A&M) but others who you could argue benefitted from having a foundation in place before they got there vs. a guy who led a program in disarray to greater heights.

I was skeptical of the hire and even got blasted last year here for being cautious of Prohm (not saying he was a great coach, etc.). Time will tell but this loss won't help his supporters case.[/QUOT

Something happened there thought....I just can't believe he same guy, Pollard, that put his job on the line to hire Hoiberg, turned it over to this guy intentionally....no way. He just doesn't fit in any way here,

MilehighClone

Sep 14, 2007
Hopefully coach realizes that Naz and Burton are 15-20 minute players coming off the bench.

Babb and Jackson deserve more minutes and should be starting.

Naz is mediocre and Burton is Elmer Robinson.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
he was at a mid major power that was good before him. There are examples of guys that succeed in that role (Kennedy who is A&M) but others who you could argue benefitted from having a foundation in place before they got there vs. a guy who led a program in disarray to greater heights.

I was skeptical of the hire and even got blasted last year here for being cautious of Prohm (not saying he was a great coach, etc.). Time will tell but this loss won't help his supporters case.

I was a supporter but no more. It hasn't been just tonight, but tonight was the final straw. Last year all Niang.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Thomas has so much energy calling that huddle.....would like to see more anger than eagerness to call the post-suck play huddle.

Monte's body language is like: am I the only guy who can dribble twice and get to within 6 feet of the basket?????? If he has to do that 30 times a game he is going to get hurt.....especially in big boy basketball. Nobody can-or in burton's case willing(?)-- to help him create shots. SHOTS close to rim with foul potential, not hero chunk ups.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Prohm is trying to make Monte something that he isn't. Hopefully next year Wigginton will be the scoring pg prohm desperately needs.

Odd that Monte was one of the premier point guards in the country when Prohm came, now.....maybe average Big 12 point guard. He has done nothing but get worse since Prohm got here.

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
This team is embarrassing. Way too much talent for such terrible showings. First half of Gonzaga, Cincy, and tonight...none of those were because they just played better. Inconsistency from every player - guys trying too hard (Naz) or not hard enough (Deonte).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron