Melvin with a historic day vs. TCU

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
Re: Melvin's done gone blown up!!

I've heard the term "Beast Mode" thrown around a lot so far this season, but I think tonight Ejim gave us the definition of it.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
I am just glad that Ejim didn't get injured being left in the game to run up his stats. A lot of teams don't take too kindly to that and may take it upon themselves to plant him 5 rows deep in the stands on a drive to the rim. If that was against Huggins at West Virginia Ejim might not have walked out of there without crutches. Risky move by Hoiberg.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
I am just glad that Ejim didn't get injured being left in the game to run up his stats. A lot of teams don't take too kindly to that and may take it upon themselves to plant him 5 rows deep in the stands on a drive to the rim. If that was against Huggins at West Virginia Ejim might not have walked out of there without crutches. Risky move by Hoiberg.

:skeptical:

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois

You just looked at the box score and thought that, didn't you?

ojoe2317

Jan 2, 2012
Assuming todays game is not included in the totals his espn player page:

Right now, Ejim has scored 1434 career points, good for 16th all time for ISU. He is 12 points behind Ron Harris for 15th, and is 200ish points away from Curtis Stinson for 11th all time.

He also has 937 career rebounds, which is 4th all time for ISU. He needs 20 to pass Bill Cain for 3rd all-time, and needs about 90 more to pass Zaid Abul-Aziz for 2nd all time.

I also saw elsewhere on the board previously that he will probably pass Jeff Grayer for most games started (career).

His number will probably end up retired, esp if we make a decent run in the tourney this year.

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
He really wasn't left in the game to run up his stats. Unfortunately we needed all of his points because we played awful defense. Even with him going off it was still a 7-12 point game near the end. They brought it to 2-3 possessions a couple of times

CyStalker

Jul 16, 2012
Ankeny

When reading your post, I had to make the assumption that you did not even watch the game. But then the heavens opened up and great knowledge was given to me. It even brought me to tear up a little bit. It's hard when all the attention isn't going towards KU isn't it? This has probably been a tough week for you. If you're here for a hug, we would love to help.

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
Nothing funny about it. Outside of Ejim we did not look good offensively. Most of that was because of TCU. Anyone can beat anyone on any given night although right now I am very concerned about WVU.
You really should change your user name to isuno1wetblanket. It never ends with you.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It was something special being in Hilton today. It has been so great watching Mel play these last 4 years. He's pretty much everything that is right with college athletics. And to see him do things that just aren't done in college basketball today was amazing.

CyCy

Nov 7, 2006
Rhodes was 20-31 overall, 5-8 from 3, 9-12 from the line, 14 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 t/o and played all 45 minutes.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

I don't know why you insist on hanging around here. You can go away anytime.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008

awful post, if you ever want any credibility here again you need to edit this and admit you are completely wrong. Just awful and you totally discredited yourself.