Re: Melvin freaking Ejim!!!

Steve Nash giving Ejim a little shout out on twitter #OhCanada

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale

Not when you consider LaFester Rhoades 54 points vs Iowa and 14 rebounds......

You've posted this in at least 2 different threads. Who cares? What is your point?

That game was in OT as well. Mel still had a better stat line because rebounds > points

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Nothing funny about it. Outside of Ejim we did not look good offensively. Most of that was because of TCU. Anyone can beat anyone on any given night although right now I am very concerned about WVU.

Yeah, I've been thinking this too, but I didn't want to ruin Melvin's historic night.

But outside of him, we looked bad I thought. TCU had no business hanging with us, and they did. With a couple minutes left, I think it was a 9 pt game. And this TCU team is horrible.

We definitely played down to our competition today, with the exception of Ejim of course.

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
Nothing funny about it. Outside of Ejim we did not look good offensively. Most of that was because of TCU. Anyone can beat anyone on any given night although right now I am very concerned about WVU.

Hard for the rest of the team to "look good" offensively when one of your guys is scoring 48 points. MM had 7 assists and 1 TO, Kane had 10 assists and 3 TOs. I'll take that every game.

Gnomeborg

Dec 24, 2008

Not when you consider LaFester Rhoades 54 points vs Iowa and 14 rebounds......

It took Melvin 10 fewer minutes to get to 48 than it took LaFester to get to 54 points. If this game had gone to overtime like LaFester's did, at the pace he was going, Mel would have scored 61ish points and 23 rebounds.

I'd say that Mel hitting 48 in 35 minutes gets to make a strong argument....

drednot57

Apr 26, 2010
Nevada, IA
Yeah, I've been thinking this too, but I didn't want to ruin Melvin's historic night.

But outside of him, we looked bad I thought. TCU had no business hanging with us, and they did. With a couple minutes left, I think it was a 9 pt game. And this TCU team is horrible.

We definitely played down to our competition today, with the exception of Ejim of course.

I don't think TCU is as bad as everyone claims they are in this forum. Yes, they're the worst team in the best conference in the country. Even so, I feel they hold the dubious distinction of being the best last-place team in the country. That fact and $5.00 will buy you lunch.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Congrats to Melvin Ejim on the great performance today!!

Interesting to see what TCU will do in a couple of weeks. Will they collapse on Ejim and make ISU hit outside shots? In any case, I'm hoping for a nice ISU win as I am taking some friends to the game.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Re: Melvin's done gone blown up!!

Unselfishness.

A man is only as good as his teammates help him to be.

Well-deserved, Melvin.

Well-done, Cyclones.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

TCU has successfully slowed the pace against us in every game since they joined the league. They took more fts than us and made a higher %, also hit a higher % from three than us. Hit a 3 pretty much every time we'd get it above 10.

We'll have to play tough, but we should win @TCU. I am kind of surprised they haven't won a home game yet, they must have absolutely no home court advantage or played their best game of the Big 12 season today.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Interesting to see what TCU will do in a couple of weeks. Will they collapse on Ejim and make ISU hit outside shots? In any case, I'm hoping for a nice ISU win as I am taking some friends to the game.

I'd look for our guards to have a big game.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I don't think TCU is as bad as everyone claims they are in this forum. Yes, they're the worst team in the best conference in the country. Even so, I feel they hold the dubious distinction of being the best last-place team in the country. That fact and $5.00 will buy you lunch.

They're definitely not terrible. They're getting more talent and they are well coached. I predicted a win by 12 as we mentally took a deep breath after the gauntlet we just ran through , and I think that was pretty close to what happened.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

I hope they double Ejim because then George will eat them up.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

It seems like they're recruiting very well for being last place and having no fans. Maybe Baylor fans are right and players just line up to play for religious schools in Texas with no fan support. The two freshman today look as legit physically as any Big 12 freshman not suiting up for KU.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I'd still argue against jersey in the rafters, but he's still among isus all time best. I just don't think he's top 5. Great game tho.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA

There's no way in hell we lose at tcu, sorry. We knew we had this game in the bank 5 minutes in, I'm not worried.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Re: Melvin's done gone blown up!!

48/18 I'm guessing he'll be Big 12 player of the week...unless the Rapture happens between now and then.

You think, if the rapture happens this week, the folks at the Big XII office won't be left behind?