Iowa Football Recruiting

HistoricAmes

Aug 9, 2016
For a definition of the word "insecure", I would reference you to Eno Benjamin's Twitter mentions by Iowa fans right now.

This thread does a much better job of showing how "insecure" isu and its fan base is. Maybe you should stick to "enrollment smack'.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Sure I do. What is isu trending towards? I see a 1-6 team that will have to all of its eggs in the KU basket to get another win.

How exactly is that a trend other than a step backwards from where isu has been? The b12 is even down this year.

I will help you out then.

We have an young, forward-thinking staff who has shown an ability to gameplan and improve week to week. It's a staff that hasn't had a single one of "their guys" hit the field yet, but are doing great work developmentally on the field and on the recruiting trails.

You have a crusty old, set-in-his-ways coach. You have a program that hit lightening in a bottle for a 10 week period last year, but have been exposed as marginal at best. You have a program that has failed to capitalize completely on the momentum from last year. You also have a coach who is signed into perpetuity and coaches as such.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Yes it is. Cy fans are more excited about a recruit that de-commits from Iowa than they are about their 1-6 football team. This thread is what makes isu isu.

Carry on.

I'd say we're more excited by getting a commitment from a top-50 basketball player and there are about 10 Cyclone fans ribbing the Hawks in this thread. Our football team is in its first season with a new staff. Are we supposed to over-analyze them?

HistoricAmes

Aug 9, 2016
So it didn't bother you to lose Eno?

So it doesn't bother you that isu is 1-6 and would be last in the Big 10?

Iowa has had high level RB's commits before that we have lost and yet have still managed to have a Doak Walker award winner.

Wadley was a 2 star RB and he has enough talent to win us games. I have a feeling Iowa will find other RB's to do the same.

Meanwhile isu had Tom Herman on its coaching staff and guess what isu still ended up being isu.

HistoricAmes

Aug 9, 2016
According to Sagarin we would be 3-5 with Iowa's schedule right now. Yes I know you use Massey, I don't

Sagarin is in Massey. Probably better for you and other cy fans to cherry pick though, that way you can sleep better at night.

Composite rankings are much better.

Last edited:

HistoricAmes

Aug 9, 2016
I'd say we're more excited by getting a commitment from a top-50 basketball player and there are about 10 Cyclone fans ribbing the Hawks in this thread. Our football team is in its first season with a new staff. Are we supposed to over-analyze them?

Then why does this thread have 142 pages in it.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So it doesn't bother you that isu is 1-6 and would be last in the Big 10?

Iowa has had high level RB's commits before that we have lost and yet have still managed to have a Doak Walker award winner.

Wadley was a 2 star RB and he has enough talent to win us games. I have a feeling Iowa will find other RB's to do the same.

Meanwhile isu had Tom Herman on its coaching staff and guess what isu still ended up being isu.

I'd rather we were better than 1-6 but it is what it is. We are a basketball school and all. You're right though, maybe Iowa should just stop going after talented players and hope everyone turns out to be Josey "can't tackle" Jewell or Akrum "only 20 yds against an FCS team" Wadley

• Funny
Reactions: NATEizKING and GTO

HistoricAmes

Aug 9, 2016
I'd rather we were better than 1-6 but it is what it is. We are a basketball school and all. You're right though, maybe Iowa should just stop going after talented players and hope everyone turns out to be Josey "can't tackle" Jewell or Akrum "only 20 yds against an FCS team" Wadley

If Iowa was going to stop going after talented players then Eno never would have had an offer to begin with.

If isu really is a basketball school then why do cy fans such as yourself spend so much time obsessing over Iowa football? In fact why does isu spend so much money on football at all? Seems to me foolish to spend as isu does to get the results you have.

Maybe there is a better definition of "insecure" that what is on display here.

HistoricAmes

Aug 9, 2016
I will help you out then.

We have an young, forward-thinking staff who has shown an ability to gameplan and improve week to week. It's a staff that hasn't had a single one of "their guys" hit the field yet, but are doing great work developmentally on the field and on the recruiting trails.

You have a crusty old, set-in-his-ways coach. You have a program that hit lightening in a bottle for a 10 week period last year, but have been exposed as marginal at best. You have a program that has failed to capitalize completely on the momentum from last year. You also have a coach who is signed into perpetuity and coaches as such.

isu had Tom Herman as a coach and guess what, isu still ended up being isu. Do you really think your newest savior can do what Herman couldn't?

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
"Sucks, but wish __ENO___ well. Don't fault a _17__ year old kid for such an important life decision. Hope we can keep __SOMEONE____, but still pretty fun to be in the mix with (increasingly less high profile programs) for these guys."

Our staff is so out of touch with modern recruiting it is a joke. Tell two of your top three recruits to look elsewhere because you have an outdated policy in place so you don't have to work as hard as other staffs to keep guys committed. I bet some kid from Fairfield, Maquoketa, or Solon is pretty stoked right now.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
"Sucks, but wish __ENO___ well. Don't fault a _17__ year old kid for such an important life decision. Hope we can keep __SOMEONE____, but still pretty fun to be in the mix with (increasingly less high profile programs) for these guys."

Our staff is so out of touch with modern recruiting it is a joke.
Tell two of your top three recruits to look elsewhere because you have an outdated policy in place so you don't have to work as hard as other staffs to keep guys committed. I bet some kid from Fairfield, Maquoketa, or Solon is pretty stoked right now.

@HistoricAmes disagrees