Iowa Football Recruiting

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I guess I don't follow Iowa football recruiting well enough but I assume KF doesn't recruit kids that are committed to other schools since he doesn't allow his recruits to visit other schools?

I also imagine he and his staff don't pressure kids to commit on their visits. I'm sure he's encouraging these 17-18 year old kids to take all their visits and make sure their commitment is firm.

That's' what I hate about this whole situation. You have a 18 year old kid making the biggest decision of his life, undoubtedly being pressured and influenced by the coaching staff, and then you're going to hold that commitment over him like that? These are 18 year old kids. Let them take other visits, talk to other coaches, and make sure they are making the best decision for themselves.

And before you go this route, I absolutely feel the same about Iowa State. I would never judge a teenager for taking other visits and make sure they are making an informed decision.

HistoricAmes

Aug 9, 2016
You don't care that Iowa just had one of their top recruits decommit? Are you even a fan?

Actually yes they do and this has been proven over and over

Iowa has proven they can win football games with 2 star or 4 star RB's. Looking at the team as it stands today, RB isn't of most immediate concern. DE and WR is more of an immediate need and would have a bigger impact if we lose our top targets there.

Weren't you giddy that one of Iowa's WR recruits was taking a visit to Michigan this past weekend? What do you now have to say since he didn't make the trip?

HistoricAmes

Aug 9, 2016
Remember when Hok fans used to brag about Eno's commitment being rock-solid and how he was their best recruiter of other players?
Good times.

I remember how Cy fans were sure Harrison Barnes was going to win titles for isu.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa has proven they can win football games with 2 star or 4 star RB's. Looking at the team as it stands today, RB isn't of most immediate concern. DE and WR is more of an immediate need and would have a bigger impact if we lose our top targets there.

Weren't you giddy that one of Iowa's WR recruits was taking a visit to Michigan this past weekend? What do you now have to say now that he didn't make the trip?

Oh the old "we don't need him anyways" coping method. Not surprised.

No clue who you are talking about in the second paragraph. Did Martin go to Michigan this weekend or something? He's not an Iowa commit

HistoricAmes

Aug 9, 2016
Oh the old "we don't need him anyways" coping method. Not surprised.

No clue who you are talking about in the second paragraph. Did Martin go to Michigan this weekend or something? He's not an Iowa commit

Didn't say that, I said RB isn't a pressing need and history has shown Iowa can win with 2 & 3 star RB's.

But enjoy your obsession.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
200.gif

Gotta love historic's trolling style.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Cy fans were sure Harrison Barnes was going to win titles while at isu. How did that turn out? Wasn't he a legacy and didn't he know how much of an elite basketball school isu was?
I don't think anyone thought that? Sure people thought we would be better. One player doesn't make a basketball team a national championship caliber team.

Now you are just making up lies because you are on tilt and rattled.

MartyMcCy

Sep 6, 2011
Got a text today that Benjamin might not be as committed to Iowa as some think. Any Hawkeye fans hear anything about that? Sounds like Calloway is 50/50 to be a Hawk at best. Arkansas and Nebraska are pushing hard for him and he already took a visit to Texas
I was wading through the Hawkeye tears on Rivals this morning when I came across this in regards to Eno and Calloway. I don't know how reliable Blair Sanderson is though, so take the information with a grain of salt.

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/why-eno-decommited.165701/page-2#post-3732063
Yes, Iowa cut him loose a week ago. Chevin Calloway too.

When and how the recruit chooses to release it is up to them.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
  • Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Cy fans were sure Harrison Barnes was going to win titles while at isu. How did that turn out? Wasn't he a legacy and didn't he know how much of an elite basketball school isu was?

And yet we've managed 2 Sweet 16's the last 3 years, sprinkled in between our 5 straight NCAA appearances, not to mention winning the toughest conference tourney in the country back to back years. Throw in a top 20 recruiting class for '17 and I'd say we did just fine. I doubt you would find anyone who would trade any of that for Barnes and the McD ball and chain that would have come along with him. UNI was the biggest loser in the Barnes deal, not ISU, they could have had Dougie.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
If Eno helped recruit any of those WR, not sure why they would stay; seems like watching Iowa's offense though would have discouraged them from committing anyway though.