Chris Street Gravesite Vandalized

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Just saw the story on KCCI. Iowa alum Beau Bowman was assigned the story. Pretty sad to see this happen to anyone’s grave site. Didn’t realize it’s been 27 years already and that he was from Indianola. I was kinda taken back though when they called him an “Iowa Legend” though. I still remember the story and where the accident happened as I drive through Iowa City. Just a tragic accident and shock to all of the State of Iowa.

Reactions: aobie

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
You gotta be a real piece of crap to do that. Years ago my grandma's gravesite was damaged; don't understand why anyone would do that.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
I’ve been a Cyclone since 10 years old, but really liked his game, just a real likable guy.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Other than people being idiots, I don't understand the motive. Was his grave targeted or were there several damaged?

Reactions: jmb

brownie

May 13, 2006
Many years ago a classmates eternity lights were stolen as a sorority initiation and it was very upsetting to the family and so many others. I'll never understand the motivation behind these things. At least they were caught. But why do that? Sickening.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Not that it's any type of excuse but was his grave decorated with Hawkeye stuff. The person who did it still a pile of human garbage but I'm just trying to wrap my head around what could trigger this event at this time. It's completely disgusting I can't imagine what could make someone do this.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Not that it's any type of excuse but was his grave decorated with Hawkeye stuff. The person who did it still a pile of human garbage but I'm just trying to wrap my head around what could trigger this event at this time. It's completely disgusting I can't imagine what could make someone do this.

All the Christmas items his mom put out.

• Sad
  • Informative
Reactions: NWICY and heitclone

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Chris Street is an Iowa legend. Can't stand Iowa, but I loved Street. Was jealous he wasn't a Cyclone. Hope they find the piece of **** who did this.

• Dumb
Reactions: isufbcurt

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.

his grave is decorated with trinkets all the time. his parents still haven't gotten over his death. It's sad. Understandable, but sad. Couldn't imagine.

• Sad
Reactions: heitclone

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
his grave is decorated with trinkets all the time. his parents still haven't gotten over his death. It's sad. Understandable, but sad. Couldn't imagine.
Most Hawkeye fans haven’t and won’t get over it. I was just a few months old when he was killed, so I don’t remember anything about his death. But after attending basketball camps and learning more and more about him and what he meant to not only the university, but the state as well, it made me sad and I never even knew him. I remember watching Bohannon miss the FT on purpose and looking over and seeing my dad tear up. That’s one of the only times I ever saw him cry. His death is something many will never get over.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
I liked Chris Street and actually respected Iowa in basketball during the Tom Davis era.

Help Support Us

Become a patron