Chris Street Gravesite Vandalized

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
This is the kind of thing that would get someone banished centuries ago. People like this don’t deserve to be a part of a civilized society.
Agree. And, if a "young, dumb kid" narrative comes of this, scares me what they do next in life.

Sad for the family....hope someone comes forward with info.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Not that it's any type of excuse but was his grave decorated with Hawkeye stuff. The person who did it still a pile of human garbage but I'm just trying to wrap my head around what could trigger this event at this time. It's completely disgusting I can't imagine what could make someone do this.
I go straight to local punk(s) who knew it'd get a reaction like this.

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
I wouldn’t call him a legend. I know little about him and just know/knew he played for Iowa. I remember him being in a crash but not the specifics until the last thread.
Should have clarified and said Hawkeye legend. My bad.

MisterO

Proverbs 19:11
Dec 6, 2020
I grew up near Chris’s home town and was about 4 years behind him in school. Every year Chris Street would play my school in football and basketball and he would unceremoniously kick the crap out of us- we hated it, but we respected him. He was a nice guy and a fierce competitor. No one deserves what he got and my heart aches for any parent that has to bury a kid.

I hope they catch the losers who did this and make an example of them. Shi*ty people doing shi*ty things and in need of a serious beating.

Gomer80

May 17, 2011
Nevada, Iowa
This actually hurts me! Had a basketball teammate in high school that was coached by Chris when he lived in Hummeston. Another friend and I buzzed the number 40 into his head not too long after. EVERY basketball player from the freshman team to the varsity all put 40 on their shoes.

Last edited: