Search results

1. acgclone

Burton

Lost in the emotion of the loss is that I feel that Burton looked pretty good. He had 7 points and 3 boards in 15 min. Not bad. He looks quick and looked fairly comfortable. I think he can be a very helpful piece later on in this year.
  2. acgclone

***Official B12 Expansion/Implosion Thread 3.0???***

Shocked to see no current discussion of this with the B12 Media Day going on. Lots of comments out of the B12 Media Day that don't exactly give you warm and fuzzies about the B12's future. Seems like lots of discontent among members reminiscent of 2010-11. That is a recipe for disaster...
  3. acgclone

Are there any replays of the Iowa game on BTN?

I looked forward yesterday on my guide but couldn't see any, but there was a lot of non-descript titles. Does anyone know when or if the game will be replayed again?
  4. acgclone

We played only 7 guys, Iowa played 10

So they win right?
  5. acgclone

Get ready for a lot of "Little Brother" comments

NM......
  6. acgclone

BDJ

For some reason he is this year's whipping boy. I have seen a lot of posters blame him for a "me attitude" and "this isn't UNLV" type comments. Not sure why the hate. If picking up one intentional foul was horrible, then we've rarely had a great player. I'm pretty sure Kane and Ejim picked...
  7. acgclone

I don't think it's any coincidence that ALL of our MBB players...

...sound very intelligent (and a little humble). They say all the right things and even more importantly, you can tell that they actually mean it. Fred is obviously doing things the RIGHT WAY in recruiting. It's great to see!
  8. acgclone

Anyone else find it impossible to open the Ames Trib podcast?

Hines and La Gesse have a media day podcast up. For some reason I can't open it. Anyone else having a problem, or am I just technically challenged?
  9. acgclone

Apathy or Anger?

Like probably many of you, I'm wrestling with and going back and forth between these two emotions today. ANGER Anger is a natural emotion when you believe that the current state of the program is unacceptable (last year included). And that being beaten (dominated really) by an FCS team, with...
  10. acgclone

Did anyone see this- Darien Williams

Per Travis Hines.... Williams to finish juco in California this year. Still hasn't scheduled his shoulder surgery yet, but intends on doing that this year and will not play. Any reason for concern? I think it was originally reported that he would attend a juco in Iowa to finish out.
  11. acgclone

Disturbing trend in college basketball

Officiating crews all across the country are conspiring to defeat the deepest team in the history of college basketball.
  12. acgclone

So do we get a share of the B1G title?

haha feels good. I'm glad these were home games.
  13. acgclone

Fyi, Baylor has 1 SR starter....

according to Rivals. That's pretty scary.
  14. acgclone

This is what happens when

you fill up your recruiting classes with guys that have no other BCS offers. Iowa sucks and they are pounding us on both sides of the line.
  15. acgclone

All 6 MBB Seniors leave with ISU degrees!!!

Come to ISU and if you don't go to the NBA, you will leave Ames with a degree AND continue to play pro basketball in Europe. Seniors Leave Shining Example Off Court As Well | Cyclone Sidebar
  16. acgclone

Hunter Mickelson

810 in Kansas City reporting that he's transferring to KU. He's leaving Arkansas. He didn't light the world on fire, but Mike Anderson's style doesn't work for everyone.
  17. acgclone

Okoro Gone?

Per Jeff Goodman anyway. Wish him the best. Now we can stop speculating on who is transferring.
  18. acgclone

What a pleasure it was to have competent officiating

I really hadn't realized how bad the officiating was in B12 MBB until this season. It was nice seeing sound officiating and officials not trying to anticipate calls, etc. It will be a big help to us if we get consistent officiating as it can help keep Niang and Ejim on the court.
  19. acgclone

For future reference Nortre Dame....

When you're really slow and unathletic, it might be wise to pass on the neon uni's.
  20. acgclone

Defensive Intensity

This team played the best defensive basketball of the season against OSU, IMO. We didn't always get stops on possessions where we played intense D, but I feel like we got more than we usually do and that is against a team with 3 likely NBA players, all of whom can score in bunches. If we play...