Hunter Mickelson

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
810 in Kansas City reporting that he's transferring to KU. He's leaving Arkansas. He didn't light the world on fire, but Mike Anderson's style doesn't work for everyone.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
810 in Kansas City reporting that he's transferring to KU. He's leaving Arkansas. He didn't light the world on fire, but Mike Anderson's style doesn't work for everyone.

They have one guy transferring out and now it sounds like this guy transferring in. Sounds like KU is not going to get Wiggins

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Link, Sounds like he was recruited over at Arkansas, I also read that Bill Self was visiting with Tariq Black yesterday. Not sure if that means if he is still in thier crosshairs after accepting this transfer.

Report: Former Arkansas center Hunter Mickelson transferring to Kansas | CollegeBasketballTalk

Mickelson arrives in Lawrence after playing two seasons at Arkansas, where he averaged 5.2 points, 3.5 rebounds and 1.7 blocked shots per contest. Last Wednesday Mickelson was granted a release from his scholarship by Arkansas, which will add a pair of Top 50 big men in Bobby Portis and Moses Kingsley in the fall.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Link, Sounds like he was recruited over at Arkansas, I also read that Bill Self was visiting with Tariq Black yesterday. Not sure if that means if he is still in thier crosshairs after accepting this transfer.

Report: Former Arkansas center Hunter Mickelson transferring to Kansas | CollegeBasketballTalk

Mickelson arrives in Lawrence after playing two seasons at Arkansas, where he averaged 5.2 points, 3.5 rebounds and 1.7 blocked shots per contest. Last Wednesday Mickelson was granted a release from his scholarship by Arkansas, which will add a pair of Top 50 big men in Bobby Portis and Moses Kingsley in the fall.

Humm, if my count is right, sounds like somebody else needs to lose a schollie if Black is on board - and that would be a good get to an already good class.

kucyclone

Jan 16, 2008
Seattle
Humm, if my count is right, sounds like somebody else needs to lose a schollie if Black is on board - and that would be a good get to an already good class.

For Kansas? Tharpe, Ellis, Traylor, White, and Lucas return. Embiid, Frankamp, Greene, Mason, Selden and now Mickelson come in. Still two more to give.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
Kansas makes some tough decisions. "Do we want this fine player or that Mcdonald's all american?" Even if they are one or two short they just offer the next best player from Kansas. He may not be as good but he will be a crowd favorite and work his but off in practice. Several say Self is the best coach in our league. I think he plays with a stacked deck. That's why I am so impressed with what Fred has done and will do at ISU.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron