Most likely wins in last 6 games.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Looking at the last 6 games it becomes really apparent how much the Texas loss hurt. While there are some opportunities in the last 6 regular season games, there is not one that I would feel overly confident about.

Here is how I would rank the likelihood of a win in the six remaining games with the most likely listed first.

TCU
@KSU
@TTU
OSU
Baylor
@WVU

I'll put the O/U for wins in last 6 games at 3.5.

Share your projections!
You have @KSU WAY too high. Well, at least i think so. My ranking:

TCU
OSU
@TTU
@KSU
Baylor
@WVU

Last edited:

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
Be prepared to shite your pants because we are going to probably lose there.

Do people know what "must-win" means?

PS-It won't matter.

Nah you won't find me crapping my pants but plenty will if we lose. The Prohm haters and player bashers will be full force on game day. 9-9 will get us in the tourney. If some don't agree with me that improving our RPI is imperative for a better bracket that's o.k. with me. Number don't lie. If some think a loss doesn't matter that's o.k. as well. After all this is CF.

EarthIsMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2014
Earth
If ISU finishes the projected 18-12 (10-8 B12) it is forecasted to have an RPI rank of #46.

Projections include losses to KSU, WVU, & TTU and wins against BU, TCU, OK St.

A win against Kansas State is NOT a must-win in regards to making the tournament....however, if you want the make the argument that it is a must win for higher seeding, of course.

p.s. As other have mentioned, over the past few years RPI is becoming less and less an important measurement in the NCAA tourney selection criteria- so forum posters should start de-emphasizing it too. At 10-8 or 9-9 we are fine in conference play. 8-10 would have me quite worried and B12 tourney performance would be very important in that situation.

• Agree
Reactions: MartinCy

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Nah you won't find me crapping my pants but plenty will if we lose. The Prohm haters and player bashers will be full force on game day. 9-9 will get us in the tourney. If some don't agree with me that improving our RPI is imperative for a better bracket that's o.k. with me. Number don't lie. If some think a loss doesn't matter that's o.k. as well. After all this is CF.

So Kansas State isn't a must win at all then. Got it

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I really like our chances the rest of the season. Didn't you guys see that Eades is out for the year.

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
If ISU finishes the projected 18-12 (10-8 B12) it is forecasted to have an RPI rank of #46.

Projections include losses to KSU, WVU, & TTU and wins against BU, TCU, OK St.

A win against Kansas State is NOT a must-win in regards to making the tournament....however, if you want the make the argument that it is a must win for higher seeding, of course.

p.s. As other have mentioned, over the past few years RPI is becoming less and less an important measurement in the NCAA tourney selection criteria- so forum posters should start de-emphasizing it too. At 10-8 or 9-9 we are fine in conference play. 8-10 would have me quite worried and B12 tourney performance would be very important in that situation.

I would love for ISU to beat BU but I wouldn't bet on it either. 8-10 depending on losses, where, and how much we"re probably out. True the RPI has become less but I still think they go first by numbers in the matrix. Just an opinion but looks like they are using many different mathematical models. I had just hoped, or hope, we are well above #46 by end of season per brackets.
http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...adness-5-bracket-tips-davidson-math-professor

MilehighClone

Sep 14, 2007
The tourney starts Wednesday. We are going to be playing 7-10, 8-9 type games with a game against a possible 1 and a game against a probable 4-5. Then back to another 7-10 game.

Need the A game from here on out.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclones500

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
At 9-9 I think we at least finish tied for 4th in that scenario. I just dont see K-State, OSU, or TCU finishing above .500 in the conference which would put us ahead of those teams in the pecking order. There is no way the 4th seed in the conference is getting left out of the NCAA.

• Agree
Reactions: EarthIsMan

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Please don't move the target.

Reactions: CyTwins

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron