Most likely wins in last 6 games.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
At 9-9 I think we at least finish tied for 4th in that scenario. I just dont see K-State, OSU, or TCU finishing above .500 in the conference which would put us ahead of those teams in the pecking order. There is no way the 4th seed in the conference is getting left out of the NCAA.[/QUOTEThr NCAA tournam
At 9-9 I think we at least finish tied for 4th in that scenario. I just dont see K-State, OSU, or TCU finishing above .500 in the conference which would put us ahead of those teams in the pecking order. There is no way the 4th seed in the conference is getting left out of the NCAA.

There is no conference pecking order for the NCAA tournament. While the B12 does have a balanced schedule a team can be picked who finished behind another in the conference. The non-conference results matter as well. And don't forget the conference tournament. A 9-9 could be left out AND an 8-10 team could be selected. While that's doubtful, two 9-9 teams could have different fates quite easily.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Way, wayyyy more likely we beat OSU at home (on Senior night, mind you) than beating both KSU and TTU on the road

OSU is on a Tuesday night, which means Miles Simon is likely to announce the game, which means we will lose.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
There is no conference pecking order for the NCAA tournament. While the B12 does have a balanced schedule a team can be picked who finished behind another in the conference. The non-conference results matter as well. And don't forget the conference tournament. A 9-9 could be left out AND an 8-10 team could be selected. While that's doubtful, two 9-9 teams could have different fates quite easily.

Go look at schedules of other Big 12 teams competing for a spot. I just dont see anyone else besides us getting to 10-8. Teams like K-State and OSU would have to go 5-1 to even get above .500 in conference. Thats not happening.

I just dont see a 9-9 team being left out this year when we have the top RPI conference. Alot of bracketologists have 7 teams in the tourney, as long as we dont completely collapse we should be fine.

If we finish in 4th place with a 9-9 record, you honestly think they are going to take 3 teams over us and even teams finishing 8-10? Some of those teams played cupcakes in the non-conf while we were busy losing by a point to Gonzaga and Cincy.

All we really have to do is play .500 ball the rest of the regular season and we are a lock. If we finish 2-4 I would still put us in the 90% range of making it.

Last edited:

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Go look at schedules of other Big 12 teams competing for a spot. I just dont see anyone else besides us getting to 10-8. Teams like K-State and OSU would have to go 5-1 to even get above .500 in conference. Thats not happening.

I just dont see a 9-9 team being left out this year when we have the top RPI conference. Alot of bracketologists have 7 teams in the tourney, as long as we dont completely collapse we should be fine.

If we finish in 4th place with a 9-9 record, you honestly think they are going to take 3 teams over us and even teams finishing 8-10? Some of those teams played cupcakes in the non-conf while we were busy losing by a point to Gonzaga and Cincy.

All we really have to do is play .500 ball the rest of the regular season and we are a lock. If we finish 2-4 I would still put us in the 90% range of making it.
My statement had nothing to do with any particular team, even ISU. It was a general statement regarding tournament selection.

I won't argue about a particular team's chances with so many games left.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
You have to start thinking more of me as an entertainer and offline mod. Most ISU Alumni/boosters in my group, unfortunately, will never come to CF to post. They won't come to CF because there is a very small toxic "CF Click". They regularly attack and trash anyone new, trash the coach one week, the players the next. I like to compile a list of really good links, a few good posts, and comments, and forward to the group. Once or twice a month we get together for a game, read some stupid replies to my posts, get a good laugh, and go home. Next year not so much. I've got better things to do.

Clique.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
I appreciate the effort but considering this team has a loss to Iowa and a win vs #3 Kansas with one possession games of @Baylor UT, @OU (2 OT), Gonzaga, Cinci, and KSU, in between. I have no more or less confidence in any single game going forward. Honestly I have the same confidence in the play of the team going into TCU at home vs WV on the road. weird.

I sense that ISU end the last 6 games at 4-2 but no idea how they end up getting there.

My thoughts exactly. Everyone is rating the TCU at home game as pretty much a given win. I don't think so.

To be perfectly honest with you, I'd bet us beating WVU on the road before I place money over Kansas State on the road. This game on Wednesday scares the hell outta me..

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
My thoughts exactly. Everyone is rating the TCU at home game as pretty much a given win. I don't think so.

To be perfectly honest with you, I'd bet us beating WVU on the road before I place money over Kansas State on the road. This game on Wednesday scares the hell outta me..
That TCU home game has me nervous. But I do have faith in Solomons improvements.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Looking at the last 6 games it becomes really apparent how much the Texas loss hurt. While there are some opportunities in the last 6 regular season games, there is not one that I would feel overly confident about.

Here is how I would rank the likelihood of a win in the six remaining games with the most likely listed first.

TCU
@KSU
@TTU
OSU
Baylor
@WVU

I'll put the O/U for wins in last 6 games at 3.5.

Share your projections!

I got some heat for this ranking but I am doubling down on it. In fact, it might be more likely we beat Baylor than OSU. I don't like how we match up with OSU at all.

I think we win both home games but OSU is going to be prominent again in the Big XII the way Underwood is coaching.

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
looking at the OP, winning the first 3 of that 6 wouldn't have been my projection.

We're sitting pretty

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I got some heat for this ranking but I am doubling down on it. In fact, it might be more likely we beat Baylor than OSU. I don't like how we match up with OSU at all.

I think we win both home games but OSU is going to be prominent again in the Big XII the way Underwood is coaching.
Wow, your reaching here. Their best players match against our best players. Other teams have beaten us with inside play this year. How many have out-Guarded us? We are far more likely to finish 2-1, and your prediction will fall flat. Forte looks like he would be a better fit for the wrestling team, and he has never been that scary versus ISU.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Wow, your reaching here. Their best players match against our best players. Other teams have beaten us with inside play this year. How many have out-Guarded us? We are far more likely to finish 2-1, and your prediction will fall flat. Forte looks like he would be a better fit for the wrestling team, and he has never been that scary versus ISU.

Respectfully disagree with the Forte comment, he's been on the losing end against ISU but he is always dangerous he is their version of Naz.

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Respectfully disagree with the Forte comment, he's been on the losing end against ISU but he is always dangerous he is their version of Naz.
He had the best game of the season against ISU at home and it wasn't enough, without us having anything in the paint as well. I just cant believe he will shoot 80% again, and the fact he did and it didn't matter in Stillwater tells me to feel okay about this game. TCU scared half the fans on this board, and they were absolutely handled in Hilton. I have no reason to doubt the team against OSU.

Help Support Us

Become a patron