***Official Pacers Playoff Thread***

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Idk I think Tyrese is clearly hurting. I don't think he's ever fully recovered from the hamstring injury, and he's been on the injury report with back spasms the last couple games
Definitely but he’s a good enough passer they still score more when he’s in the game especially early offense.

cloneclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2018
Idk I think Tyrese is clearly hurting. I don't think he's ever fully recovered from the hamstring injury, and he's been on the injury report with back spasms the last couple games
It's the playoffs though, everyone is banged up. He can't go MIA like he has a couple of games now

Reactions: stuclone

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
For those of you who didn't see it. Prepare to be sickened. Pathetic call.

There were several all game, beyond the typical home calls. I’d have liked an extra explanation of the early basket they took away from Tyrese, he definitely beat the shot clock and I don’t think he as out of bounds.

Reactions: joefrog

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
For the most part, I think the officiating in the NBA is better than college, but last nights game was terrible. They had way too much influence over who won that game. Going into the series, I thought it would be difficult for the Pacers to win the series because New York is really good. Having a game on the road taken from you by the refs makes it really difficult now. Hopefully the Pacers can bounce back and take game 2.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Definitely but he’s a good enough passer they still score more when he’s in the game especially early offense.

He just seems to bring the ball up the court, initiate the offense, then stand 35 feet from the hoop. He must really be hurting because he doesn't appear willing to even drive the ball.

It's really the problem with this new All-NBA rules/financial incentive. He should have taken 6 weeks off when he was hurt but he rushed back to meet the games requirement. And now I think they are dealing with the aftermath of a guy that didn't let his injury heal.

• Agree
Reactions: cyguy9320

reignofthetiger

Apr 24, 2010
Carmel, IN
Tyrese's back is completely jacked right now, which sucks. He's essentially serving as a decoy, which is still valuable to the team since they can play 4v4 with great ball movement. But between the overturned Brunson foul when it was an obvious body foul, the "kicked" ball, the barely moving screen, and the pre-inbounds fouls, that's four high-impact and unnecessary calls. No one would have complained if any of those 4 were either confirmed (for the Brunson foul) or no-calls (for the others). And as a result there was a potentially double digit points swing....

Pacers NEEDED this game because there's no telling if they'll be even close in MSG again in the series. I'm still going to game 3, but my hopes are no longer high for the series unless there is some real anger from the team. Unfortunately I can easily see them becoming frustrated/flustered instead of motivated. Hope I'm wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: bozclone

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
For those of you who didn't see it. Prepare to be sickened. Pathetic call.

The worst call of the last 6 months has to be the Iowa gal bouncing off Audi and flailing to the court in front of the ref.... and actually getting the call. Pathetic.

• Winner
Reactions: CRcyclone6

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
Pacers NEEDED this game because there's no telling if they'll be even close in MSG again in the series. I'm still going to game 3, but my hopes are no longer high for the series unless there is some real anger from the team. Unfortunately I can easily see them becoming frustrated/flustered instead of motivated. Hope I'm wrong.
I get what you're saying, but I have a hard time saying that any team "NEEDED" to win any road game 1. The Pacers were very much in the game, despite the refs, despite the Knicks shooting 48% from three, despite Tyrese mostly being a decoy down the stretch, and despite none of the Pacers having a standout game. I don't know if they'll win the series, but the Pacers can go toe-to-toe with the Knicks.