****Official Class of 2018 Recruiting Thread****

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
He will be very tough to land with Wiscy and Minny hot after him.

Race will be tough to land due to his talent as more offers come. I like ISU chances for RT at his poin as he has already visited ISU and is on record of liking the staff and style of play. Minny and an Wiscy attention won't cool Prohm on Race.

Reactions: isutrevman

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
New interview with Race Thompson.

http://www.scout.com/college/minnesota/story/1741718-race-thompson-expands-recruiting

Thompson has earned offers from Baylor, Northwestern, Arizona State, Nebraska, Kansas State, Iowa State, Marquette, Northern Iowa, North Dakota, and Minnesota. But with offers you never know who will show the most interest going forward.

“I would say Iowa State, Minnesota, Baylor, Nebraska, and Creighton are showing the most interest,” Race said. “Right now I’m wide open. I have no idea where I am going to go. I have no clue where I am going to end up, and I think about it every day.”
Thompson has taken several visits since the end of AAU season in July. Iowa State is a place that has definitely caught his eye.
“I have been to Nebraska, Creighton, and Iowa State recently,” Thompson said. “Iowa State is different, they don’t have a big city like a Minneapolis. But they get a lot of love from the fans. I wouldn’t say that Minnesota or some other programs don’t get that, but when I went on a visit to Iowa State I was kind of surprised how they were superstars when they walk around.
“At other places you don’t see players just signing autographs when they walk down the street but at Iowa State they are signing autographs 24-7. The fan base there is not better, but they have a different kind of love than some other places.”
:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
I thought the same about Wigginton with Oregon going after him.
With regards to Minnesota- there will be a ton of heat with Little Ricky and USF (they fired their coach today). Word is that this is a job that Daddy says is a diamond and he has been angling for Jr. to get this job for a while. With Minnesota giving Pitino a season to regain credibility, I look for him to take the USF job and give the TC media a finger on the way out.

We sit very well for Race right now IMO

Reactions: isutrevman

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
With regards to Minnesota- there will be a ton of heat with Little Ricky and USF (they fired their coach today). Word is that this is a job that Daddy says is a diamond and he has been angling for Jr. to get this job for a while. With Minnesota giving Pitino a season to regain credibility, I look for him to take the USF job and give the TC media a finger on the way out.

We sit very well for Race right now IMO

Leave a job in a power conference, in a recruiting hotbed, for USF?

nickcyv

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 29, 2009
Mcd\

Not much different than McDermott leaving here for Creighton.

I mean outside of the whole problem that Iowa produces 1ish high major recruit a year who picks Iowa or Roy.