Zoe Young- Urbandale (Valley)

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
I saw posted on another message board that Zoe is one of 18 remaining finalist for the U17 Team USA that will play at the World Championships this year. There were 139 players invited to try out. Any chance we have our hands on this girl?

Last edited:

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
According HoopGurlz, Iowa State is one of the schools she's considering. She's in the 2019 class, a 5-9 guard. She made HoopGurlz list of top 2019 prospects, but it's in alphabetical order at this point. Also on the list from Iowa is Grace Cumming, a 6-3 post from Roosevelt.

J-Diggy

Nov 30, 2007
My son has gone to school with her since elementary school. I remember her saying in like 3rd or 4th grade she was going to UCONN to play basketball. I was like "Whatever kid." Not saying she will end up there but has interest from Louisville already along with us and some others....going to have lots of options.

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
I saw posted on another message board that Zoe is one of 18 remaining finalist for the U17 Team USA that will play at the World Championships this year. There were 139 players invited to try out. Any chance we have our hands on this girl?

I believe that both of her parents are ISU Grads so if true would assume we would get a solid look.

BobTheHawkHater

Jan 21, 2008
I got to see Zoe play with her Valley teammates a couple of times in an informal fall warm-up league the past 2 weekends and she's very impressive.

As a sophomore, she looks physically stronger than any player on the court. Has the best ball handling skills of any guard I've seen in person in either high school or AAU ball (of teams my daughter has played against, so limited set I realize.)

I'm not at all comparing her to Harrison Barnes, but she has that same vibe when I watch her that I got from seeing Harrison play in the state tourney a long time ago. She's pretty unselfish and plays within the team, getting the ball to others -- sometimes she seems pretty casual out there -- then bam, out of nowhere she just explodes on you with a behind the back dribble and a quick spin move into the lane followed by a soft little floater. I always had the impression with Harrison that whenever he wanted to he could score on you, but it wasn't his nature to go out and show off like that and try to score 40 every night. That's the same feeling I have with Zoe.

Needs to work on her shot. She gets her 3 point shot off pretty quickly off the dribble, but the rhythm isn't quite there yet and she missed all 5 or 6 threes I saw her attempt. I think nearly all of the were back-rimmed, so she's pretty close.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron