Your Chance to Help!

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Hello Fanatics!

Some of you may have seen news coverage of a terrible car accident in November, where members of a high school wrestling team in Northwest Iowa were severely injured. I was especially concerned, because this is my former high school and one of the kids injured the most severely was the son of a former basketball coach of mine.

The boy's name is Blake Jorgensen, and he is now paralyzed from the chest down. He and his family are currently in Colorado at a premier rehab hospital working to get better and get home.

This is why I am writing this: Blake's home is not anywhere near handicapped-accessible, and the community is coming together to raise money to build the family a new home, so he can get around in his wheelchair. The "Build Blake a House" Project is trying to get 10,000 small donations of $10 to begin this process.

I'm asking any here at Cyclone Fanatic to help out if you can. Cael Sanderson and the wrestling team has already shown their support by sending an autographed poster of the team...now the family needs monetary support in addition to all the moral support they have received!

Please send any donation amount to:

(Make checks payable to "Blake Jorgensen House Fund")

Sloan State Bank
Blake's House Project
PO Box AC
Sloan, IA 51055

Here is some of the media coverage of the accident and Blake's house project:

Accident Details

House Project

If you have any questions, you can Private Message me, or call the numbers listed in the "House Project" link. Thank you for considering to help out this great family and great kid.

Last edited:

yCy

Apr 12, 2006
This is a great thing that the community is trying to do. Thanks for posting.

Covenant Clone

Aug 30, 2006
Clive
Bump, that is a really sad ordeal. How is the donation fund set up? Can you donate via paypal or over the phone with someone? I can't give much but I am in for whatever I can. Thanks for posting, thoughts and prayers are with everyone involved.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Bump, that is a really sad ordeal. How is the donation fund set up? Can you donate via paypal or over the phone with someone? I can't give much but I am in for whatever I can. Thanks for posting, thoughts and prayers are with everyone involved.

I think right now, donations are only being accepted by mail at the address I posted. I suggested to the leaders of the project that they should set up a Paypal donation possibility, but I don't think it's happened yet. You may be able to contact the bank directly to make a donation by phone...I'm not sure.

The bank's phone number is: (712) 428-3344

Covenant Clone

Aug 30, 2006
Clive
I think right now, donations are only being accepted by mail at the address I posted. I suggested to the leaders of the project that they should set up a Paypal donation possibility, but I don't think it's happened yet. You may be able to contact the bank directly to make a donation by phone...I'm not sure.

Maybe I missed it in your original post but who is the check made out to? It isn't a big deal, I can just send a check. Thanks

cyclonecraig

Dec 23, 2008
agency,iowa
Hello Fanatics!

Some of you may have seen news coverage of a terrible car accident in November, where members of a high school wrestling team in Northwest Iowa were severely injured. I was especially concerned, because this is my former high school and one of the kids injured the most severely was the son of a former basketball coach of mine.

The boy's name is Blake Jorgensen, and he is now paralyzed from the chest down. He and his family are currently in Colorado at a premier rehab hospital working to get better and get home.

This is why I am writing this: Blake's home is not anywhere near handicapped-accessible, and the community is coming together to raise money to build the family a new home, so he can get around in his wheelchair. The "Build Blake a House" Project is trying to get 10,000 small donations of $10 to begin this process.

I'm asking any here at Cyclone Fanatic to help out if you can. Cael Sanderson and the wrestling team has already shown their support by sending an autographed poster of the team...now the family needs monetary support in addition to all the moral support they have received!

Please send any donation amount to:

(Make checks payable to "Blake Jorgensen House Fund")

Sloan State Bank
Blake's House Project
PO Box AC
Sloan, IA 51055

Here is some of the media coverage of the accident and Blake's house project:

Accident Details

House Project

If you have any questions, you can Private Message me, or call the numbers listed in the "House Project" link. Thank you for considering to help out this great family and great kid.

cyclonecraig

Dec 23, 2008
agency,iowa
I just dropped a $25 dollar check in the mail. If every former high school wrestler or cyclone fan would drop a check we could really help Blake and his family. Thanks for the post to let me help in a small way. Craig

Reactions: isucyfan

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I just dropped a $25 dollar check in the mail. If every former high school wrestler or cyclone fan would drop a check we could really help Blake and his family. Thanks for the post to let me help in a small way. Craig

Thanks so much!

Here is the link to Blake's CaringBridge site, where you can get updates on his recovery and sign the family's guestbook, if you're so inclined!

CaringBridge. Free Websites That Support And Connect Loved Ones During Critical Illness.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown

Definitely need to setup a Paypal account for donations.

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006

I will venture a guess that they are at Craig Hospital in Englewood. That hospital is one of the finest spinal and brain injury treatment centers in the world. I have regular contact with that hospital and deal with those patients regularly though my job. They do amazing things there.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I will venture a guess that they are at Craig Hospital in Englewood. That hospital is one of the finest spinal and brain injury treatment centers in the world. I have regular contact with that hospital and deal with those patients regularly though my job. They do amazing things there.

You are right. It sounds like they have a great thing going there at Craig. I know the family is very pleased with their care there.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I WAS WONDERING IF THE MODERATOR COULD POST THIS THREAD ALSO ON THE WRESTLING PAGE? I KNOW MORE WRESTLING FANATICS MIGHT READ IT. cRAIG

Right now, it's on the front page and in General Sports. Hopefully that gets maximum exposure, but I'll see what I can do.

Feel free to link this elsewhere and pass on the info to any friends/family!

cyclonecraig

Dec 23, 2008
agency,iowa
Thanks for putting this front and center. I saw it on the wrestling page also. This is where cyclone pride and wrestlers need to step up and help. I hope several match my $25 dollar donation. Cyclonecraig

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron