You should be proud of your guys, no quit in them at ALL

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
So much better to open CycloneFanatic after this loss than last year after UAB. Hats off to this team.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Virginia intentionally did a great job of stopping everybody but Niang - and the refs bailed them out with 4 questionable fouls. What I mean is, if Niang isn't spending large stretches of the game sitting on the bench, he perhaps wins this game himself.

Agreed, Virginia had no answer for him. The refs just had to take him out of the game to keep Virginia in the lead. Its too bad, I think we really had a shot if he hadnt have been called for that 4th foul.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Really? I thought their defense was impressive to watch and their ball movement on offense was pretty amazing at times.

Their offense is good, which makes their stalling even more frustrating. They do stall on offense, they are not always just looking for a better shot. For all the hype Brogdon gets, Perrantes makes that offense go. He was their best player tonight IMO.

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
Can't really judge a player by one game but wasn't that impressed by Brogdon but more the team as a whole especially their bigs that ran the paint.

WahooVA

Mar 20, 2016
Agreed with My Wahoo OP.. Great game and season.. Georges is an absolute beast and a credit to ISU... Thanks again for letting me crash your board. Best of luck in the future.. I'm out...

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Your words are kind. Too kind. Don't patronize me. Good luck in your future endeavours but don't give your good game Crap.

p9bvfkndfp7x710gayho.gif

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
To the Va. fans thanks for your civility. Your team put on a hell of a clinic the 1st ten minutes, and answered every run we had. Good luck in the rest of the tourney.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Not much a controversy. It was a bad call. Didn't impact the outcome. If we are to believe the article about the scrutiny on officials then the ref that made that call might be on suicide watch.

You're right - the refs sending Niang to the bench after we had cut the lead to single digits and had gained all of the momentum had absolutely no impact on the game whatsoever.

I'm not saying the first half performance didn't greatly impact the outcome of the game, and I'm not saying that we would have won the game had that foul not been called. But can we please stop pretending that bull**** phantom foul had no impact on the outcome of the game?

kcyclone

Sep 11, 2012
You're right - the refs sending Niang to the bench after we had cut the lead to single digits and had gained all of the momentum had absolutely no impact on the game whatsoever.

I'm not saying the first half performance didn't greatly impact the outcome of the game, and I'm not saying that we would have won the game had that foul not been called. But can we please stop pretending that bull**** phantom foul had no impact on the outcome of the game?

It definitely changed the game, but as a Senior in the biggest game of his career, Niang shouldn't have been in a position to pick up his 4th foul with 7 or 8 to play.