You know you're an ISU football fan when...

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
I am sick of this crap that gets put on the field week in and week out and I am tired of paying all this money for parking in the lots and the games for ******** pipe dreams as well, we should beat teams like this crapy *** Nebraska team with a one year head coach. Obviously we are not making any progress at all with the coaches we have now!! if we are making progress we should have won this game today!!!!!

Reactions: mharder

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
I am sick of this crap that gets put on the field week in and week out and I am tired of paying all this money for parking in the lots and the games for ******** pipe dreams as well, we should beat teams like this crapy *** Nebraska team with a one year head coach. Obviously we are not making any progress at all with the coaches we have now!! if we are making progress we should have won this game today!!!!!
Sounding a little Hawkish today are we???

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

I hate posts like this. Okay, so Nebraska has a new coach. We have a new coach. Many of the players are returning players from the previous coaches' teams. How many times have we beaten Nebraska the last eight years? Twice?

I understand frustration, but the calling for the coaches' heads crap is stupid. Exactly what do you recommend? With our budget and record, who would be a good replacement who would come?

Be angry - that's good, that's pride. Defeatism and bagging on our coaches isn't good loyalty, and isn't practical.

belmond64

Oct 5, 2008
I don't understand it either! We sit in the eleventh row in section 5 on the west side and there were more Nebraska fans around us today then Cyclone fans. When we cheered we were told to shut up! How I wish we could for once be competitive. It isn't because we don't pay the money for parking passes, tickets and extra money besides!

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
I hate posts like this. Okay, so Nebraska has a new coach. We have a new coach. Many of the players are returning players from the previous coaches' teams. How many times have we beaten Nebraska the last eight years? Twice?

I understand frustration, but the calling for the coaches' heads crap is stupid. Exactly what do you recommend? With our budget and record, who would be a good replacement who would come?

Be angry - that's good, that's pride. Defeatism and bagging on our coaches isn't good loyalty, and isn't practical.

Baylor has a first year head coach too. We will see how ISU does next week against another first year head coach. 0-3 vs the newbiews = not good.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Baylor has a first year head coach too. We will see how ISU does next week against another first year head coach. 0-3 vs the newbiews = not good.

I fully agree with that. Unless there are some miracles pending, some things may need to be shaken up in the off-season. Offensive coordinator seems a good place to start after the last few games. :confused: I just think it's silly to call for the head coach to be fired this early on. Nobody wins there. We lose a coach who is universally believed to have a very bright future, and we become the school that fires people every few years. Who would want to coach here?

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I don't understand it either! We sit in the eleventh row in section 5 on the west side and there were more Nebraska fans around us today then Cyclone fans. When we cheered we were told to shut up! How I wish we could for once be competitive. It isn't because we don't pay the money for parking passes, tickets and extra money besides!

Anyone have ISU "fans" that sit near you for home games at their season seats in ISU garb, then show up for the Nebraska game decked out kNebraska crap and they cheer for them the whole game?

The guy who sits in front of me did it in 2006 and again today. Annoying as hell.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
I fully agree with that. Unless there are some miracles pending, some things may need to be shaken up in the off-season. Offensive coordinator seems a good place to start after the last few games. :confused: I just think it's silly to call for the head coach to be fired this early on. Nobody wins there. We lose a coach who is universally believed to have a very bright future, and we become the school that fires people every few years. Who would want to coach here?

We are agreed, new offensive coordinator is necessary, I still think Chizik is the right guy.

Reactions: Angie

farmrmac

Mar 24, 2006
east central iowa
You whiners need to chill. Just found out friend of mine was on who was shot north of Marshalltown last night. I feel like I got punched in the gut. who gives a rip about if ANY team wins or loses. Its just Entertainment and does'nt even rank in the top 100 of things that are really important.

Reactions: superfan and Angie

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
Anyone have ISU "fans" that sit near you for home games at their season seats in ISU garb, then show up for the Nebraska game decked out kNebraska crap and they cheer for them the whole game?

The guy who sits in front of me did it in 2006 and again today. Annoying as hell.

You should've barfed on him. I would've.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
We are agreed, new offensive coordinator is necessary, I still think Chizik is the right guy.

I don't think its time to start looking to replace coordinators already. I think we need to allow the staff to upgrade the talent before pulling the eject handles.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
You whiners need to chill. Just found out friend of mine was on who was shot north of Marshalltown last night. I feel like I got punched in the gut. who gives a rip about if ANY team wins or loses. Its just Entertainment and does'nt even rank in the top 100 of things that are really important.

Your friend was part of that fiasco? Sorry to hear.

Indyclone

Jan 24, 2008

Why stop there, might as well bring in a new defensive coordinator also as we can't seem to stop anyone.

I swear the more I read on this board the more it starts sounding like Hawk fans.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
Why stop there, might as well bring in a new defensive coordinator also as we can't seem to stop anyone.

I swear the more I read on this board the more it starts sounding like Hawk fans.

We don't need to fire Chizik, we need to fire Ken O'Keefe! I mean McFarland! Sarcasm, BUT I'm really starting to wonder about the nice 5-yard pass plays on 3rd and long...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron