JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Perfection:
[video=youtube;AyVSZptbZoQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyVSZptbZoQ&app=desktop[/video]

jtdoyle1

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Yeah, that ending to the SDSU game was bad... I mean we chose not to kneel the ball and it back fired against us, but I think even if Kansas tried to kneel the ball this year they would somehow screw it up.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
The whole thing was sadly humorous, but that 400 pound touch down was actually very funny.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
That empty stadium... gawd that's depressing.

You can almost understand it when the games are that bad (although that kind of highlights the term "bandwagon"). What I've never understood is the half-empty stadium at Baylor...even when RGIII was playing. I mean, they had the Heisman freaking trophy winner playing there, and that wasn't enough to get them to show up for games?

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
You can almost understand it when the games are that bad (although that kind of highlights the term "bandwagon"). What I've never understood is the half-empty stadium at Baylor...even when RGIII was playing. I mean, they had the Heisman freaking trophy winner playing there, and that wasn't enough to get them to show up for games?

As I've understood it, in Texas you're either a Longhorn or a weirdo Aggie when it comes to college football. No one else really matters.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
As I've understood it, in Texas you're either a Longhorn or a weirdo Aggie when it comes to college football. No one else really matters.

Or an extra in the Mad Max movie (Tech fans).

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Ku is in such a deep hole presently. Horrible record. In-state rival. Dreadful stadium. Bad coach (probably). Basketball stepchild. Pro team competition. It's just a bad place to be for the squawks in football. Other sports, they are always competitive, MBB elite.

Last edited:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

Father & his 2 brothers, 6 male cousins, brother in law: all Aggies. I was raised on the "corps lore". Sister married to the Aggie is a Longhorn (by expediency - they were living in Austin when she went back to complete her degree after babies).

It's fairly true that those two schools get the most attention in Texas, and Tech, TCU & Baylor are the proverbial step-children...but I still say their alumni and students could do a better job of supporting their respective schools.

trajanJ

Sep 11, 2008
Ku is in such a deep hole presently. Horrible record. In-state rival. Dreadful stadium. Bad coach (probably). Basketball stepchild. Pro team competition. It's just a bad place to be for the squawks in football. Other sports, they are always competitive, MBB elite.
That's an understatement. The Weis hire was soooo bad. KU needs a coaching staff that can develop players and recruit under the radar guys. Outside of Pro Style qb's, Weis proved he couldn't develop players at all at ND and he never had any experience at recruiting under the radar guys. The hire made zero sense and KU is paying a big price for it. I think Beaty's connections will help him with the under the radar recruits and we'll have to wait and see if this staff can develop players. Weis left him in such a hole it's like getting the death penalty. That doesn't even mention the fact KU needs a stadium announcement in the worst way.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
I started laughing, then quickly stopped as some years we aren't too far from that video starting with a picture of Jack Trice.