Yahoo Sports Story on Matt Campbell

• Fanatics -

Thank you for your patience today and welcome to the newest version of Cyclone Fanatic!

Most of the changes we have made are very simple, but will greatly improve your user experience while visiting the website.

We have upgraded our forum software to speed things up. Our homepage is much cleaner and should be even more mobile friendly than before.

We appreciate your loyalty and are committed to not only keeping Cyclone Fanatic in tip-top shape, but continuing to build this community for the next decade and beyond.

We ask that if you are experiences any glitches to let us know in this thread . Will will be diligently working on the site all day.

Thanks again.

Chris Williams - Publisher

dawgpound

Billy the Barnstormer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2011
Des Moines, iowa
When people say he’s going to leave I point out he left a FULL RIDE SCHOLARSHIP at a D1 school to pay his own way at a D3 school because he liked the culture there. Why would he leave a culture he loves to go to a mess.
100 percent agree, look at jobs he could have had, Jets dumpster fire, Florida State a culture dumpster fire. I truly believe Ohio State is the only FBS job he would take, or a really good NFL job. I know that money talks but still.

CoachKM

Sep 19, 2008
West Des Moines
A rare behind the scenes look at what modern coaching is all about! Putting players first, using relationship building to garner trust and developiong the family structure will win every time even if the wins are not always on the field.

Very happy to have him and staff in Ames!

Reactions: Joe4Cy

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
A rare behind the scenes look at what modern coaching is all about! Putting players first, using relationship building to garner trust and developiong the family structure will win every time even if the wins are not always on the field.

Very happy to have him and staff in Ames!
Yep! I've said this for the last few years.....but as we've seen some of the "old ways" get exposed (abuse claims, racism claims, etc), his style is perfect (and i believe the blue print for the future). Solid football mindset, but holistic look at the young men.

Things like ensuring his staff can be with kids/family (embracing that) is WAY different than what you hear of the 90s Bill Snyder success model, etc.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
100 percent agree, look at jobs he could have had, Jets dumpster fire, Florida State a culture dumpster fire. I truly believe Ohio State is the only FBS job he would take, or a really good NFL job. I know that money talks but still.
He can't get a statue at OSU. He can at ISU. I'm told that's a big thing for him.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
When people say he’s going to leave I point out he left a FULL RIDE SCHOLARSHIP at a D1 school to pay his own way at a D3 school because he liked the culture there. Why would he leave a culture he loves to go to a mess.
and it's a culture he has helped build here as well.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
All those blue-blood programs are just so opposite of the Campbell-way. The Process, if you will.

The article put it best, Campbell is a coach that wants kids that start in the dugout-- not on 3rd base.

Ohio St has a roster of 3rd base kids. At worst, their on 2nd base.

That's a big reason Texas is struggling right now. Entitlement.

Hopefully coach realizes that now instead of leaving and then regretting the move later in life.