WWE Money in the Bank (2018)/NXT TakeOver: Chicago Thread

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
He remains over with the crowd who remember him from ROH and especially TNA, and we got to see some of that at NXT, but of course, as soon as he's promoted to the main roster he's booked as a generic white bread quasi-monster heel and there's nothing interesting about him.

It's literally the same thing with Shinsuke Nakamura, who was basically a god in NJPW (which we saw some of in NXT), but has been reduced to an entrance, a knee, and nut shots on the main roster. And Finn Balor. And Sami Zayn. And (to an extent) Kevin Owens. And it's why Cody Rhodes has become a main event player when he left WWE and why Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks aren't keen on going to WWE.

Great take. Vince is still majorly hard for hulk hogan/Batista/Randy Orton BS.

I would love it if the YB’s did a gimmick where they were oiled up and their hair so wet all of the time.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Great take. Vince is still majorly hard for hulk hogan/Batista/Randy Orton BS.

I would love it if the YB’s did a gimmick where they were oiled up and their hair so wet all of the time.

It's funny. You would think HHH, being one of those guys and benefitting from that line of thinking, woudl be of like mind - and yet he's not. Sure, some big guys have dominated NXT, but then you've had guys like Almas, Undisputed Era (all of whom could qualify for the Cruiserweight division - well, if Cole lost 5 lbs), Ricochet, Velveteen Dream, and the entire Women's Division that are dominant.

I really can't wait until Haitch takes over for Vince. It will be a new era.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I am an Alexa fan, but I hate this ending. The briefcase has such an allure to it. Fun to see it teased in the upcoming months.

Do like that Rousy doesnt get the belt yet.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Watching that WWE 24 on the Hardys - holy hell their lives were messed up around 2010-11.

I knew Jeff's life was messed up (that match with Sting was a pretty big clue-in), but I didn't realize Matt was just as bad, if not worse.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonenation5

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I'm fine with Braun as he's been pretty damn consistently entertaining as of late. However, his character didn't need to get it. Would have liked seeing what Finn or Roode could do with their character and the briefcase.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
The latest from the “Better everyone assume you’re a fool instead of posting on Facebook and removing all doubt” department:

Just when I thought WWE was beginning to turn itself around, they bring Sanity to Smackdown LIVE. If this keeps up, all wrestlers on RAW and Smackdown LIVE will be from NXT. The day this happens is the day I quit watching wrestling, and go back to playing video games.

Wow. How are people that stupid. NXT is a developmental brand for the Performance Center. No **** most of the young wrestlers are coming from NXT. And before that they came from FCW, and before that they came from DSW or OVW. I can imagine this tool saying “but John Cena and Brock Lesnar didn’t fight in NXT.” First, NXT didn’t exist back then, second, they wrestled in a similar place called OVW.

I know it shouldn’t, but the stupidity of people on social media floors me.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
The latest from the “Better everyone assume you’re a fool instead of posting on Facebook and removing all doubt” department:

Wow. How are people that stupid. NXT is a developmental brand for the Performance Center. No **** most of the young wrestlers are coming from NXT. And before that they came from FCW, and before that they came from DSW or OVW. I can imagine this tool saying “but John Cena and Brock Lesnar didn’t fight in NXT.” First, NXT didn’t exist back then, second, they wrestled in a similar place called OVW.

I know it shouldn’t, but the stupidity of people on social media floors me.

I've always in my head thought NXT was like the minor leagues to the RAW/Smackdown brands. It's a great place to build/develop characters and have its own storylines.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I've always in my head thought NXT was like the minor leagues to the RAW/Smackdown brands. It's a great place to build/develop characters and have its own storylines.

It’s not a minor league it’s more of an acclimation league. There’s a big difference in day to day from today the indy’s (and roh) to wwe both in terms of production/training/and ring expectations.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

It’s not a minor league it’s more of an acclimation league. There’s a big difference in day to day from today the indy’s (and roh) to wwe both in terms of production/training/and ring expectations.

It’s both. For guys like Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Samoa Joe, Shinsuke Nakamura, and most recently Kyle O’Riley, Bobby Fish, and Adam Cole, it’s an “acclamation league”. These guys know wrestling on the big stage and for a TV audience from wrestling at NJPW, ROH, and TNA, but need to attune their craft to the WWE style. Then there’s people like Sasha Banks, Charlotte Flair, and most recently Velveteen Dream who had little (Banks and Dream) to no (Flair) independent experience before signing with WWE. For these it’s very much a “minor league”, a place to learn and develop their craft.

Help Support Us

Become a patron