WVU podcast

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
These guys are a good listen, a healthy balance of team pride and appreciation of the conference and their opponents.

cyfan4

May 21, 2014
Ankeny, Iowa
The one guy keeps mentioning that we are constantly bringing our safeties down into the box to stop the run. I'm not the best at following schemes during the game but don't we keep our safeties back and play the deep routes?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
The one guy keeps mentioning that we are constantly bringing our safeties down into the box to stop the run. I'm not the best at following schemes during the game but don't we keep our safeties back and play the deep routes?
Yes. That guys a moron.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012

Usually 3 high safeties, 20/25 yards back. They're not coming down.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Probably just sees Wilkerson, KCM and Edwards making plays in the run game and assumes they are playing in the box.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
They make quite a few tackles but they are not coming down into the box area until well after the run is established.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

RedBlooded

Jun 11, 2010
cedar falls
Pretty good compared to the tcu one on killer frogs. They had 5 people on at the same time and none of them knew a thing. It was hard to listen too.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: TheJackWePack5

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
I listened to the segment where they had Barry Trammel on, and was surprised to hear Gundy was like 2-10 vs OU. Bradford, Landry Jones, and Mayfield will do that to you. Still shocked that Gundy is that bad vs anyone.

Trammel didn't have a lot of great things to say about ISU. Mainly that the offense isn't great, and was even a bit wishy-washy on the ISU D. Mainly based on the output vs TCU. ISU isn't a high flying outfit, but I think people are really overlooking the play making ability the WRs have.

• Informative
Reactions: northcy

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Pretty good compared to the tcu one on killer frogs. They had 5 people on at the same time and none of them knew a thing. It was hard to listen too.

I listened to a podcast called purple menace(?)...and they griped about how TCU should have easily won the game. One guy claimed they should have hit their usual 40 PPG if not for the turnovers and bad performance(LOL). Thankfully he was as checked by another host, who then backed it down to how they "should" have won 27-17. I'm no math expert, but the turnovers ultimately cost them between 6 and 14 points. ISU could have just as easily won that game 14-13.

ISU isn't such a feel good story for college football, when you are the victim of their success. We'll start hearing more of that if they continue to win.

Reactions: Spanky

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Pretty good listen from their side, track ahead to 30 mins in to get the most ISU coverage.

http://wvusports.com/news/2017/11/2...podcast-presented-by-touchdown-home-pros.aspx
They sure got cranked up about Trammel's comment about 5th. I would have to listen again to be sure, but I thought he said that the WVU defense was supposed to be one of the best in the league and is going to struggle to finish 5th - as a defense. They took it as him saying that WVU would struggle to finish 5th in the conference.

Maybe I heard it wrong, I don't know.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
They took it as him saying that WVU would struggle to finish 5th in the conference.

Not sure if I'd say struggle, but WV has work to do to finish 5th. I don't see them overcoming OU, OSU, TCU in the standings. That leaves ISU, TT, and Texas. They beat TT but still have to play OU and Texas, ISU, and at Kansas State. They could very possibly lose out, but I would guess they go 2-2. That would put them at 5-4. That's going to be right in the middle of the pack.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron