Women's Cross Country wins the Adidas Wisconsin Invitational

veryphil

Feb 24, 2012
Siracusa, ITA/Ames, IA
Our defending Big XII champion women's cross country team won the ultra-competitive Adidas Wisconsin Invitational today in Madison, Wis. Led by 2nd and 4th place finishes by All-Americans Betsy Saina and Meghan Nelson, the lady Cyclones dominated the 49-team field and beat 2nd place Stanford by a massive 75 points. Todays meet is considered by many to be the toughest in the nation, trailing only the NCAA Championship meet.
Unfortunately, this amazing accomplishment will likely go unnoticed by many in the Cyclone nation, so I thought I'd post something about it here. Here is a link to the official results:

Pandemonium and Race Results from Wisconsin | 2012 Wisconsin XC Invitational | Flotrack

Last edited:
Reactions: BoxsterCy and yCy

kberyldial

Mar 20, 2006
That is really a great accomplishment. Congrats to the ladies. I see the Director's Cup points adding up...

yCy

Apr 12, 2006
Congratulations, ladies! 75 points separating first and second is amazing.

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
It's awesome. They are now ranked 2nd in the nation in the latest poll. If everything comes together at the national meet in November, they have the real potential to be national champions.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
It's awesome. They are now ranked 2nd in the nation in the latest poll. If everything comes together at the national meet in November, they have the real potential to be national champions.

That's what I like about cross country - you can talk all you want about how good a team is, but the winner is determined by who is the fastest. Awesome that we're running tough!