Williams Blog: Big hoops recruiting weekend starts today

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Ha, Signed Dayton fans after Percy Gibson committed to ISU.

Seriously though, interpreting D F-S actions and all the rumor swirling this past 7 days, I do think the asst coach talked him into visiting Memphis on Saturday prior to committing ISU this past weekend. And if it wouldn’t be for the coach he’d be a Cyclone. (Once again no knowledge just reading the tea leaves.)

I think one thing we are fortunate about one thing, his mom said she didn't meet their team thus I got to assume the players were off campus. We know he met and hung out with our team and seemed to hit it off. Not surprising because I think we'd all agree that this crew is seems fun, relaxed and overall just good people. I'd have a hard time believing he wouldn't love to play alongside those guys.

In my experience Mom's look at surroundings, location, and prestige of a place to tell their friends about a kid. Players look at comfort with coach, perceived playing time, and who they are playing/rooming with. After all, 90% of their time will be spent with the team.

Not to mention, Memphis has another transfer target they are trying to get as well that I think they favor more with only 1 scholarship. I hope he just says, get the other guy, I am a cyclone! :wideeyed:

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Not to mention, Memphis has another transfer target they are trying to get as well that I think they favor more with only 1 scholarship. I hope he just says, get the other guy, I am a cyclone! :wideeyed:

Hood is the best transfer this year. I guess I hope Memphis gets him.

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
When is the camp that he going to before he decides?

Also wasn't thomas supposed to decide this week?

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Kevin Durant skills academy is end of the month - june 24-26.

MT says he could decide anytime - this week, this month, next month, etc.

So by the end of next week we will know about Finney-Smith. Nice.

Hopefully Thomas decides by then too.

C

CyBer

Kevin Durant skills academy is end of the month - june 24-26.

MT says he could decide anytime - this week, this month, next month, etc.

Matt Thomas has decided to take 30 more visits and then not decide.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron