Wigginton Needs to Stay Here

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado
He shot 40% from the field and 40% from 3 over the season. He shot 50% from the field and 60% from 3 against OSU. His jumper was definitely not the problem over the season or last night. Regarding OSU, Jacobson, Horton-Tucker, and Babb really struggled to cope with the physicality of the game.I think we should have been working to get Lindell (and for that matter probably Tyrese) more looks so Shayok didn't have to carry the load solo.

If anything he has the opposite problem Monte did during his development.He's gotta work on ball handling and court vision to instead of driving through double and triple teams. If he can get better in that respect I think he'll be truly elite.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Whatever if he can go and wants to go fine, if he wants to stay and be part of the team that's good to.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Couldn't you do the same thing playing overseas? I can't imagine one more year in college is going to improve his draft stock a whole lot. I'd rather make $$ than go to class.

For someone more in the know, how many guys that played in Europe last year made it to a NBA squad this year?

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
How many college guards that are 23 years old made the NBA this year? His stock isn't likely any higher than it will be at this point right. He can choose to stay at ISU and do his best to improve that, or he can go make whatever money he can, and nobody here should have a problem with it either way.

23?

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
For someone more in the know, how many guys that played in Europe last year made it to a NBA squad this year?
The point is that staying in school another year will likely do nothing to improve his NBA stock. He can go overseas now and make money instead of going to class and I wouldn't blame him one bit. School sucks! Make money playing basketball>playing college basketball

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
If Lindell stays and THT goes, we should maybe consider playing more through Lindell rather than this pace and space/share the ball stuff that struggled down the stretch this year.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Honestly thought he was older. He'll be 21 in a few days. If he stayed another year, he'd be 22 when he was draft eligible. Point stands though, how many 22 year old guards get drafted out of college?

According to realgm.com there were 11 players selected 22 years or older in last year's draft. Six of them were guards.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
The point is that staying in school another year will likely do nothing to improve his NBA stock. He can go overseas now and make money instead of going to class and I wouldn't blame him one bit. School sucks! Make money playing basketball>playing college basketball

I disagree on his stock - he could greatly raise his NBA stock by improving his ball handling, vision, and driving abilities. He has to be a PG at the next level and today he’s no where close to that, but can work towards that IMO.

Whether he is better off raising his stock here, overseas, or in the g-league, IDK, but I do think his NBA stock can go a lot higher from where it is today.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
I disagree on his stock - he could greatly raise his NBA stock by improving his ball handling, vision, and driving abilities. He has to be a PG at the next level and today he’s no where close to that, but can work towards that IMO.

Whether he is better off raising his stock here, overseas, or in the g-league, IDK, but I do think his NBA stock can go a lot higher from where it is today.
I just think if he had any ability as a point guard he would already be in that role. He's just not a point guard.

• Agree
Reactions: IASTATE07

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
That's probably about ten more than guys making a NBA team after playing in Europe last year.

It's pretty rare. The Celtics signed a 29 year old (Brad Wanamaker) from Europe last summer. Wigginton's best bet is to stay in the states.

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
It's pretty rare. The Celtics signed a 29 year old (Brad Wanamaker) from Europe last summer. Wigginton's best bet is to stay in the states.
And do what? Play another year at ISU, get drafted in the 2nd round, and then wind up in the d-league or overseas anyway? Look at last years draft class and see where they are now.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_NBA_draft

• Agree
Reactions: acody

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Foot injury totally ruined his development this year. Would have started all year otherwise. I have to think he wonders why he never got put into a starting role. Can't be happy about that. He's not NBA ready yet but my guess is he doesn't want to come back to be Big 12 6th man of the year. Unless he feels assured a starting position, then maybe he returns.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
And do what? Play another year at ISU, get drafted in the 2nd round, and then wind up in the d-league or overseas anyway? Look at last years draft class and see where they are now.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_NBA_draft

I've been on record saying Wigginton is gone this year. If his goal is to play in the NBA then going to Europe this early in his career isn't a good idea. Play in the G League and exhaust your efforts there first.

Help Support Us

Become a patron