Why your Stadium sucks

sdillon500

Sep 12, 2006
northern california
Oh man, these have been great. I'm glad they knocked most of the NL central out of the way first. As much as I love the Cubs, between Chicago & St Louis, the central has to be the most retro-leaning division in baseball (maybe the AL East beats it).

And the first one they did, about the Giants stadium? Spot on. As a SF resident, I've never been surrounded by more fans who clearly do not know what's going on with the game. They serve sushi at the park! Sushi's great and all, but this is a baseball game. I need beer & bratwurst.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
I find the "story about the fans" to be on point with Wrigley. The Miller park one is funny too.

Having been to the Dome for Twins/Yanks game and having to sit next to wants to fight guy Twins fan, and wants to fight guy Yankee fan, I've got similar stories.

I'd never seen anyone get drunk of Michelob Ultra until that night.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Oh man, these have been great. I'm glad they knocked most of the NL central out of the way first. As much as I love the Cubs, between Chicago & St Louis, the central has to be the most retro-leaning division in baseball (maybe the AL East beats it).

And the first one they did, about the Giants stadium? Spot on. As a SF resident, I've never been surrounded by more fans who clearly do not know what's going on with the game. They serve sushi at the park! Sushi's great and all, but this is a baseball game. I need beer & bratwurst.

I've been to SBC 1/2 a dozen times, and I love that place. That's a great ballpark, especially when you walk in from center field.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Having been to the Dome for Twins/Yanks game and having to sit next to wants to fight guy Twins fan, and wants to fight guy Yankee fan, I've got similar stories.

I'd never seen anyone get drunk of Michelob Ultra until that night.

Yea...I've seen some serious tuff guys at the Dome. It happens a lot when The BoSox/Yanks are in town. Don't know if its little man syndrome or what.

And while I'm not advocating crap like Mich. Ultra, I can't imagine being drunk on dog food like Old Style....just seems painful.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Yea...I've seen some serious tuff guys at the Dome. It happens a lot when The BoSox/Yanks are in town. Don't know if its little man syndrome or what.

And while I'm not advocating crap like Mich. Ultra, I can't imagine being drunk on dog food like Old Style....just seems painful.

Old Style is the worst tasting beer I've ever had, but I still drink one every year on opening day.

sdillon500

Sep 12, 2006
northern california
I've been to SBC 1/2 a dozen times, and I love that place. That's a great ballpark, especially when you walk in from center field.

Meh. The park itself is pretty nice, but the fans could use an upgrade. Anytime the Cubs come to town, you can bet that 3-4 fans will be ejected for being unruly (in this case, unruly=asking when Lincecum's mom is going to pick him up or how Bonds was able to fit his HGH-engorged melon in his helmet back in the day). SF fans sit on hands.

And that's another thing. It's now AT&T park. How a park that's only a decade old goes through three name changes (Pac Bell, SBC, AT&T) is beyond me.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Meh. The park itself is pretty nice, but the fans could use an upgrade. Anytime the Cubs come to town, you can bet that 3-4 fans will be ejected for being unruly (in this case, unruly=asking when Lincecum's mom is going to pick him up or how Bonds was able to fit his HGH-engorged melon in his helmet back in the day). SF fans sit on hands.

And that's another thing. It's now AT&T park. How a park that's only a decade old goes through three name changes (Pac Bell, SBC, AT&T) is beyond me.

I don't know man, when the Cubs build a new ballpark I can only hope it's 1/2 as cool as SBC. Maybe it's because I've only been there a handful of times so the newness never wore off, but I think it's a great place to watch a ballgame.

Or maybe it's because I've also been to that concrete monstrosity across the Bay. That place is truely awful.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Haha, i saw this title... and saw it was started by a hawk.. and was expecting a completely different thread.

sdillon500

Sep 12, 2006
northern california
I don't know man, when the Cubs build a new ballpark I can only hope it's 1/2 as cool as SBC. Maybe it's because I've only been there a handful of times so the newness never wore off, but I think it's a great place to watch a ballgame.

Or maybe it's because I've also been to that concrete monstrosity across the Bay. That place is truely awful.

I think we can all agree that the A's stadium is terrible.