Why no Big XII expansion? Why Beebe?

Lloyd88

Jun 5, 2008
Waterloo, Iowa
I didn't say that I was a Beebe fan. But to listen to Perleman and Osborne make up reasons as to why they're bailing, instead of just saying it was for the money, is sickening. I thought they were better than that...

No they're not better than that. I always thought TO told it like it was, but not anymore.

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
I didn't say that I was a Beebe fan. But to listen to Perleman and Osborne make up reasons as to why they're bailing, instead of just saying it was for the money, is sickening. I thought they were better than that...

Perleman maybe...but Osborne? I'd put him at about the same level as a drunken hawk in IC the day of the Cy-hawk game.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
No they're not better than that. I always thought TO told it like it was, but not anymore.

For instance, Perleman said that Beebe asked for a commitment to the Big 12 "through 2016," and that he felt that did not ensure conference stability.
So are you saying, Pres. Perleman, that if Beebe had asked for a commitment though 2030, you would have stayed? Why didn't someone ask him that?
What BS...

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
I know a couple of Junior Colleges here in Iowa that might possiby join the Big 12 if there is any buyout money left. Wonder if I should let Dan know this? Another question I have is can the last Big 12 schools fire him or do we have to keep him around to turn out the lights?:jimlad:

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Because it is not possible for a conference to expand at the same time its imploding.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
You can't expand when your member schools don't care to stick around?

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
You can't expand when your member schools don't care to stick around?

Beebe better get his resume ready and hope he can collect unemployment. People might not blame him for this, but he did NOTHING to stop it. I honestly don't think Beebe did anything as Big 12 commissioner, so some might say don't blame him but I say that is what caused the problem.

Shoot, I can do what he does. Just stand around and "What? I AM DOING EVERYTHING I CAN!!" and the go back to napping in my office. I would be awesome!:yes:

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Funny thing is that I said that in January when rumors of Big 11 expansion started. Go out and get BYU. Make an offer to Arkansas. Solidify the conference. Instead, Beebe goes on and on about how he trusts Delaney implicitely. Guess that one bit you in the ***, didn't it Dan?

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Beebe reminds me of the blonde gal in this clip and the rest of the conference is like the Russian guy and Steve Buschemi. "A busted ship? And I'm strapped in here? I had a great spot picked out there!"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIh78GiTqrE]YouTube - Armageddon - Russian Cosmonaut[/ame]

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
If WE @ Iowa State get an invite from the Big East, we should drop the big xii like a BAD HABIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yes:

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I don't think Texas would allow expansion, if they did whoever was brought in would have voted against revenue sharing and would have wanted a network, and Texas wouldn't allow that.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
I don't think Texas would allow expansion, if they did whoever was brought in would have voted against revenue sharing and would have wanted a network, and Texas wouldn't allow that.

This right here, is why the Big XII is most likely dead. UT doesn't have NU for it's "non-revenue sharing" 4th vote.