Why I really like Izaiah Brockington

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
On the Williams & Blum podcast, they wondered why Brockington's t-shirt was not selling as well as others from the CF Shop https://cyclonefanaticshop.com/. So I ordered one.

I really like Brockington. At first, I thought of him as just another Penn State transfer like Bolton who could really take over a game. But I have come to appreciate him in many other ways. For instance, his tenacity is downright scary sometimes. The elevation on his jump shot makes me think of Tyrus McGee. However, there is one thing that stands above all others about why I really like him.

His post-game interviews are fantastic. He is so articulate and analytical. He sounds more like a coach, but without the coach-speak. He sounds more like a broadcast analyst, except that he actually knows what he is talking about. After a game, I would love to go to a bar with Izaiah Brockington and Scott Christoperson just to listen to them break-down the game. Brockington sitting down and chatting with Eric Heft is so much better than the awkward post-game press conferences dominated by horrible questions from the TV and newspaper guys. If you don't listen to the post-game interviews on the radio, I would highly recommend it.

Listening to the most recent Corner 3 podcast, I got hope for Brockington to get back to his early season form. If Hunter drives more often and more aggressively, it will force defenses to shift to him. And that will open up space for Brockington.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
I was listening to our first game on the radio. Got a phone call so turned the radio down and missed the introduction to the interview. By the time I turned the radio back up they were mid-interview with Brockington and I thought to myself "I wonder who this coach is, he is really good in an interview" and then Heft signed off the interview saying "thanks Izaiah."

Between his personality and his tenacity he is so easy to cheer for.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I'll add objectivity too. He is able to critique the game. None of the "we just need to play our game" schtick. He explains what happened and what needs to change, even related to himself.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
I didn't even know these existed. Kind of cool. My 11 year old is a big fan. I might see if he wants one.

Reactions: Cycsk

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
His post-game interviews are fantastic. He is so articulate and analytical. He sounds more like a coach, but without the coach-speak.

100% agree. I initially said the same thing "sounds like a coach", but its more than that. He has a presence - kind of a confident leadership about him. I think there is a lot more to IB than just basketball.

He may be a coach someday, but he may be a CEO someday too.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
I’d say two reasons (in addition to the aforementioned Christmas shopping): he’s definitely endeared himself to fans, but he is a first year guy (who may stay only one year), and also… it’s a very basic shirt design with no catch phrase. I’m picking the NBA Jam design every time.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
It would be nice (if it is "legal" under the new NIL rules) to just have a foundation that fans could donate to that would distribute funds to athletes (maybe separated by sports, and maybe with the option to donate to a specific athlete). It would save me from having 400 shirts, and the whole amount spent would go straight to them.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
On the Williams & Blum podcast, they wondered why Brockington's t-shirt was not selling as well as others from the CF Shop https://cyclonefanaticshop.com/. So I ordered one.

I really like Brockington. At first, I thought of him as just another Penn State transfer like Bolton who could really take over a game. But I have come to appreciate him in many other ways. For instance, his tenacity is downright scary sometimes. The elevation on his jump shot makes me think of Tyrus McGee. However, there is one thing that stands above all others about why I really like him.

His post-game interviews are fantastic. He is so articulate and analytical. He sounds more like a coach, but without the coach-speak. He sounds more like a broadcast analyst, except that he actually knows what he is talking about. After a game, I would love to go to a bar with Izaiah Brockington and Scott Christoperson just to listen to them break-down the game. Brockington sitting down and chatting with Eric Heft is so much better than the awkward post-game press conferences dominated by horrible questions from the TV and newspaper guys. If you don't listen to the post-game interviews on the radio, I would highly recommend it.

Listening to the most recent Corner 3 podcast, I got hope for Brockington to get back to his early season form. If Hunter drives more often and more aggressively, it will force defenses to shift to him. And that will open up space for Brockington.
Why I really like Izaiah Brockington?

Because he's a great person! Oh yeah, and a pretty good BB player too!

But yes I agree with you. He shows great demeanor and intelect. Maybe one day after his pro career he will get into broadcasting or coaching.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Good positive post......trust me, we need more of these. Izaiah has got a cool name. He dunks with authority more than House of Pain has Psalms. Seems like a great person. TJ could bring him on staff immediately.

Reactions: Cycsk

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I also have noticed Brockington sounds better in his post game interviews than a lot of professional analysts do. I’ve enjoyed Heft’s post game interviews and the varsity network app makes it very easy to catch whenever I want to. Jaz is very good interview too, Hunter does well with them for a freshman.

I can’t imagine our offense if they’d sign just an average transfer in IB’s place.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
He has his own Etsy shop I believe which might be why his doesn’t do as well as others.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron