Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Lions

Votes: 32 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clones123

May 5, 2016
Des Moines, IA
I made the mistake of jumping on the Cowboys bandwagon when I was a kid in the early 90s. They've haven't won anything for decades and everyone still acts like I only root for them because they're winners.
Same here, my reasoning being I was born in the Metroplex..... The ISU fan in me has certainly kept me humble. That said, I wasn't even a year old when they won their last SB. Jerry Jones needs to quit meddling!

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
I was considering switching from the Broncos to the Jets if they had taken Kolar too, but they f'd that up. At least my Broncos got Uwazurike.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
It's hard to switch teams. I grew up as a Vikings fan and just got tired of never quite getting there, and losing in spectacular fashion just when you thought they might. I never really found a new team that I was all that passionate about, so now I'm in a place where I have teams I generally like, and also teams with Cyclones on them that I follow.

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
Tom Brady Bucs GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
Take the top two teams from this poll and flip a coin. Heads for one team and tails for the other. Once the coin is in the air, whatever team you are hoping wins should be your team… it doesn’t matter which actually wins the coin flip.

Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
If you choose the bears don't spend any money on them, we hate the mccaskeys and don't want to watch games in Arlington heights. All the homies hate Arlington heights.

• Agree
Reactions: tzjung

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
What's wrong with Soldier?
The city of Chicago doesn't want to tax assist building a new stadium, because people have figured out it is highway robbery to tax assist stadiums. Soldier field is pretty dated and small. The mccaskeys are threatening to move out to the "suburbs" although it's like an hour from the city, I believe Arlington is offering where the race track is/was and offering tax incentives.

May 7, 2020
The Bills and the Bengals are too good so eliminate them. I voted Lions...

AdRock4Cy

Jul 21, 2010
Ankeny
I think the Chiefs man. Close for a game, usually on TV, you can pretend to have been a fan during the Marty years and appreciate/ enjoy some awesome QB play!

Plus Arrowhead is awesome with great tailgating and we already have a relationship with KC through Big12 tournament!
I would like to but that is taking the easy way out.

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: 1776 and BWRhasnoAC

AdRock4Cy

Jul 21, 2010
Ankeny
Picking a team because of cyclones on it is pretty temporary. You plan on repicking every year? If you don't have some more permanent reason it won't stick. Most pick as a kid and things you do then tend to stick. Otherwise I'd say regional or some other geographic affiliation is the way to go.
Agree with your post. in the early 90s when I was a kid the redskins were awesome and won the Súper bowl so I was hooked. But they have sucked for years and had many a controversy and I am just done with them.

AdRock4Cy

Jul 21, 2010
Ankeny
I made the mistake of jumping on the Cowboys bandwagon when I was a kid in the early 90s. They've haven't won anything for decades and everyone still acts like I only root for them because they're winners.
Samesies. The cowboys redskins was must watch tv

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
The city of Chicago doesn't want to tax assist building a new stadium, because people have figured out it is highway robbery to tax assist stadiums. Soldier field is pretty dated and small. The mccaskeys are threatening to move out to the "suburbs" although it's like an hour from the city, I believe Arlington is offering where the race track is/was and offering tax incentives.
What a waste. That stadium is gorgeous.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron