Who is the most famous person you have ever seen in person?

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Forgot to mention one of my favorite moments and now one I charish.. I was lucky enough to be one of the few soldiers that got to ride in the back of a truck with Indy car drivers during the intro in Newton. Before we did this we got to meet Dan Wheldon who was at the time driving the National Guard car...Even tho he wasn't from the US he had a great appreciation for the military and he was nothing but nice. When he passed the world lost not just a great driver but a wonderful human being.

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
I was a crowd control volunteer when Pope John Paul II came to Des Moines in 1979. I was 10 feet away from him when he gave out communion. Now that he is a Saint, I guess you could call him famous.

I also was an extra in the movie, "Gettysburg" and was in the scenes with Jeff Daniels and C. Thomas Howell

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Pictures or it didn't happen

jagger.jpg watts.jpg

I'm sure I told the story on here before.

One of the times the Stones played Ames. A buddy and I decided to see if we could catch them coming out of the Savory Hotel. About 10 minutes after we get there Jagger comes strolling out the front door carrying a magazine. About 10 people in all waiting but no one is approaching. I just walked up and asked him to sign my record cover. Buddy is taking photos. Then Charlie Watts comes out and Mick is signing for others using MY Sharpie, so I have to ask him for it back so I can get CW's autograph. Ron Wood didn't sign, went toot-sweet to the van. Didn't ever see Wyman.

Scurried to the 60 minute photo counter and got the pics back. Stopped in Ankeny on the way to the concert to pick up another buddy who declined to go with us on the stake-out. "So, how did the star stalking go?" "Not bad, here's some pictures." "What? Oh ****!" "You bastards!"

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I went to school with Joe Mauer and my sister went to school with Josh Hartnett. He was over at my parent's house many times growing up. Those aren't really household names but I think they're pretty good. Met Fran McCaffrey at a high school alumni event (his wife went to my alma mater) and my dad's company had Vikings tickets the row behind Kevin Garnet.

He was on Jimmy Fallon the other night. I'd say he's still pretty well known.

[video=youtube;cZ45gFruVSk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ45gFruVSk[/video]

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
John Maxwell - gotten his autograph in a couple books he's written
Ken Griffey Jr - wouldn't give me autograph though
Stayed at the same hotel in KC as the Dallas Cowboys a few years back
Multiple Olympians - Gable, Cael, KJ, Varner, Jen Suhr (pole vault gold medalist)
I work with the Iowa Nice Guy

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
I guess I probably could have thrown my hat into the meeting olympians ring. My uncle is the USOC ombudsman so when we would go do my cousins graduation parties out in Boulder there would usually be quite a few olympians there. Got to have a really nice chat with the guy who carried the flag for the US in Sochi.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron