White Sox v. Yankees at Field of Dreams

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa
It's a FOX national broadcast. No traditional TV blackouts.

What that is saying is that it won't be available on MLB.TV which is the MLB subscription package.

Great! Thanks! The:
"Regular Season U.S. National Blackout: Due to Major League Baseball exclusivities, live national broadcasts and/or streaming of MLB events and select live national broadcasts and/or streaming of MLB games, will be blacked out in the United States ...For a current listing of events and regular season games that will be nationally blacked out in the United States, click here. "

...sounded pretty ominous to me, given the game is listed in that link!

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
Sounds like that will be the route for fans:

Saw this picture on DMR (red route added)
View attachment 87801

So we decided to go, but I also get to walk through corn every day. It’s dirty and gross

ISUConE

Feb 1, 2019
Check your emails. MLB just released more tickets and I was selected to be able to purchase tickets.

• Wow
Reactions: Tailg8er

cykitt

Sep 20, 2007
The MLB app is allowing you to transfer tickets now. Worries have been alleviated.
Has anybody that ordered tickets... Received the parking pass yet?? I know it said that they will send them out closer to game day. I just want to make sure that I wasn't suppose to add it to the order at check out?!

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
Has anybody that ordered tickets... Received the parking pass yet?? I know it said that they will send them out closer to game day. I just want to make sure that I wasn't suppose to add it to the order at check out?!

I never saw any details about parking when checking out through the purchasing website. Wondered the same thing, but I wasn't too worried about it since I wasn't going to be the one attending.

cykitt

Sep 20, 2007
I never saw any details about parking when checking out through the purchasing website. Wondered the same thing, but I wasn't too worried about it since I wasn't going to be the one attending.

Yes I agree. I have emailed the buyer. And he wanted the pass if it came. I advised that I would forward it to them if it came to me.

But it wasn't included in the listing on the resale site.

4cy16

Jun 14, 2021
I understand that Dyersville got hit hard today with 3 inches of rain and 70 mile an hour winds. MLB parking lots under water at the Field of Dreams. The wind bent the corn stalks that will serve as the main back drop for the event and they are zip tying them to stakes to preserve the visual effect.

• Haha
Reactions: deadeyededric

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I understand that Dyersville got hit hard today with 3 inches of rain and 70 mile an hour winds. MLB parking lots under water at the Field of Dreams. The wind bent the corn stalks that will serve as the main back drop for the event and they are zip tying them to stakes to preserve the visual effect.

That’s not Iowa.

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa

Oh dear. Ouch. Looks like rain tonight. At least they have a sunny day tomorrow to dry out a bit, I am sure the field will have tarp and drainage but other stuff will be a mess.

At least it should not be rain out! But Covid 2020 and storms 2021 may put MLB off the hassle/risk of trying to make it an Annual Event game vs a once and done - "nope, not messing with that again". On the other hand, given the the FoD game ad revenue $$ article @t-noah posted, maybe it is worth a day building braces for cornstalks!!

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Game would be more competitive if the Yankees actually had one of their regular starters available to pitch. This is going to be something like 7-2 Sox with Lynn for the Sox versus the can of tomatoes the Yanks will have on the mound. The "Replacement Yanks" have been winning (with smoke and mirrors) but they can't keep that up heading into a stretch of tougher teams without most of their starters. Getting guys back in September or late August is going to be too late.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Game would be more competitive if the Yankees actually had one of their regular starters available to pitch. This is going to be something like 7-2 Sox with Lynn for the Sox versus the can of tomatoes the Yanks will have on the mound. The "Replacement Yanks" have been winning (with smoke and mirrors) but they can't keep that up heading into a stretch of tougher teams without most of their starters. Getting guys back in September or late August is going to be too late.
I kind of expect both teams to play flat. Kind of a weird road trip for them as it is one game and not necessarily a fly in and fly out real quick situation as I am not even sure which airport they'd land in.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I kind of expect both teams to play flat. Kind of a weird road trip for them as it is one game and not necessarily a fly in and fly out real quick situation as I am not even sure which airport they'd land in.

I read that they're landing in Dubuque, busing to field/site, after game busing back to Dubuque and flying out same night.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019

I’m an agronomist and drove through Dyersville this morning as well as up highway 52. Looked at multiple fields and walked a few. Corn is fine. Some late root lodging in spots, but it will look fine on TV.

And corn dies really fast once it’s snapped off. You can’t zip tie it up 48 hours before an event and make it look good