White Sox v. Yankees at Field of Dreams

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
That's not actually to bad in my opinion. I figured they would be a lot more.

I'd probably pay it being a Yankee fan going back to days of Mantle being my fav player as a boy. And the whole movie thingie and growing up 20 miles from there. Could not enter though, out of state guy.

Reactions: Cyismymonkey

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
Anyone here have stubhub selling experience? MLB app won't allow me to transfer tickets until probably 48 hours before the game. "Barcode will appear 48 hours prior to gametime" and "ticket cannot be forwarded. Ticket not yet printed"

I can only put delivery of the tickets out to the 10th. (48 hours prior to game day). Should that make me worry? There are quite a few tickets for sale there so obviously people must be doing that?

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
Won the lottery and bought tickets. Not sure if I want to sell them, go to the game, or give them to a friend who I owe $772 to for an Epcot trip last month. Hmm

MLB being 20 minutes from my house is certainly enticing

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Anyone here have stubhub selling experience? MLB app won't allow me to transfer tickets until probably 48 hours before the game. "Barcode will appear 48 hours prior to gametime" and "ticket cannot be forwarded. Ticket not yet printed"

I can only put delivery of the tickets out to the 10th. (48 hours prior to game day). Should that make me worry? There are quite a few tickets for sale there so obviously people must be doing that?

That is normal for tons of events. If they sell before then Stubhub will email you when you need to upload them, it's easy.

I would also suggest listing on Tickpick. They have better seller's fees. If you sell on one site you can just remove the listing on the other one.

Reactions: F5cy

cykitt

Sep 20, 2007

In the same boat. I'm hoping to be able to transfer the tickets on the 10th. I was reading that StubHub allows the delivery date plus 1 calendar date to get the tickets transferred. Just hoping that MLB app allows the transfer of them.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
That is normal for tons of events. If they sell before then Stubhub will email you when you need to upload them, it's easy.

I would also suggest listing on Tickpick. They have better seller's fees. If you sell on one site you can just remove the listing on the other one.

Good to hear on TickPick. Ordered tickets for the UNI game there and was a tiny bit out of my comfort zone (usually a Seat Geek guy).

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Those prices for a regular season MLB game is ridiculous.
Eh, you’re paying to watch a major league game at a iconic location and there are a limited number of seats (and no guarantee they’ll do this again). I would definitely not pay that amount because I’m not a huge baseball fan, but I wouldn’t really say it’s outrageous.

also, how far are you from the players? My assumption is you’d be pretty close which add to the price

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa
I have read this will be "nationally televised" on FOX, and I have also heard about all of the crazy Iowa blackout restrictions (Cubs/Cardinals/White Sox/Royals/Twins/Brewers) and I was not sure how the mlb.tv vs broadcast differentiation worked.

Reading below it seems like an issue either way...

I assume it is impossible that the MLB could be dumb enough for this to be an issue for the only MLB game IN IOWA but given that they blackout six teams in a 400 mile radius, who knows!?! TIA.

1628107092380.png

All live games streamed within any MLB.TV product and available through the MLB App and any other location or device where MLB.TV is sold or available are subject to local and national blackouts. If a game is blacked out in an area, it is not available for live game viewing through MLB.TV. If you are an MLB.TV subscriber within an area subject to blackout, the applicable game will be available as an archived game approximately 90 minutes after the conclusion of the game.

Regular Season Local Blackout: Except for certain MLB regular season and Postseason games as described below or in certain MLB Club home television territories for which MLB may offer in-market subscription services, all live games will be blacked out in each applicable Club's home television territory.

In addition, note:
  • Home television territory blackout restrictions apply regardless of whether a Club is home or away and regardless of whether or not a game is televised in a Club's home television territory.
  • U.S. Clubs may be subject to blackout outside of the United States based on their home television territory as determined by Major League Baseball.
  • All live San Francisco Giants and Oakland Athletics games will be blacked out in the U.S. territory of Guam.
Regular Season U.S. National Blackout: Due to Major League Baseball exclusivities, live national broadcasts and/or streaming of MLB events and select live national broadcasts and/or streaming of MLB games, will be blacked out in the United States (including, with respect to certain games and events, the territories of Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands). For a current listing of events and regular season games that will be nationally blacked out in the United States, click here. The list at this link will be updated throughout the season.

• Informative
Reactions: HawaiiClone

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
I have read this will be "nationally televised" on FOX, and I have also heard about all of the crazy Iowa blackout restrictions (Cubs/Cardinals/White Sox/Royals/Twins/Brewers) and I was not sure how the mlb.tv vs broadcast differentiation worked.

I assume it is impossible that the MLB could be dumb enough for this to be an issue for the only MLB game IN IOWA but given that they blackout six teams in a 400 mile radius, who knows!?! TIA.

View attachment 87798

Don't underestimate them. They could be this dumb. But I REALLY hope this game isn't blacked out.

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
In the same boat. I'm hoping to be able to transfer the tickets on the 10th. I was reading that StubHub allows the delivery date plus 1 calendar date to get the tickets transferred. Just hoping that MLB app allows the transfer of them.

The MLB app is allowing you to transfer tickets now. Worries have been alleviated.

Reactions: cykitt

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo

View attachment 87798

It's a FOX national broadcast. No traditional TV blackouts.

What that is saying is that it won't be available on MLB.TV which is the MLB subscription package.

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
It's a FOX national broadcast. No traditional TV blackouts.

What that is saying is that it won't be available on MLB.TV which is the MLB subscription package.

Thank you for this clarification.

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa
It looks like they have a path around the corn surrounding the field where they can set up security.

View attachment 87797

Sounds like that will be the route for fans:

Saw this picture on DMR (red route added)
1628108799041.png

Reactions: NWICY and Macloney

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron