White Sox v. Yankees at Field of Dreams

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Make this the All star game venue every year, I Say. Could it get any better. Although they would have to hold the all Star game later for the corn to get grown.
Nah, the ASG is an exhibition, part of what made this so fun is two top AL teams battling it out in an official game that has post-season implications.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I plan to watch it today and haven’t in several years, how’s it hold up? I assume very well.

Still works.

In my opinion, there is some pretty sketchy acting throughout the movie, but when Costner and Liotta are on screen together it’s magic. The end of that movie is, well, I feel like someone punched me in the nose as I think about it. Powerful, is how I would describe the last 15 minutes or so.

Reactions: Die4Cy

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Still works.

In my opinion, there is some pretty sketchy acting throughout the movie, but when Costner and Liotta are on screen together it’s magic. The end of that movie is, well, I feel like someone punched me in the nose as I think about it. Powerful, is how I would describe the last 15 minutes or so.

See, while the end always gets me I almost feel like James Earl Jones "baseball" speech is the most powerful part of the movie. Beautifully written and delivered.

• Agree
Reactions: Die4Cy

Hoggins

Sep 2, 2019
We rewatched the movie on Wednesday night. It’s still good and has aged ok.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I plan to watch it today and haven’t in several years, how’s it hold up? I assume very well.

It holds up great. That is part of the magic of the movie after 30 years. It really is all about the performances of Costner, Liotta, and James Earl Jones. Burt Lancaster stood out more to me this time for some reason.

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
The White Sox organization should stake claim on the field of dreams partnering with MLB and do an entire home series there every August.

People are saying what movie is next, but honestly this is the only movie that works for this type of game. Sandlot would never get to MLB playing surface standards without killing the sandlot feel. Major league is played every year if you are a Brewers fan and listen to Uecker. This game was as pure as a professional sporting event can be.

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
So did we figure out what Tim Anderson was doing for his celebration as he rounded the bases? What was he doing with his hands? TIA

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron