Which player are you most excited to watch this year?

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I wanted to also honor R Lima 76, M Spears 42, J Knipfel 66 with some of my uniform concepts. But I got a bit tired, lazy.

I'm excited to watch these 7 dudes as I believe they will be the backbone of our team.

Who else might I be forgetting? J Bailey 3 for sure.

You already have one thread. Keep it out of this one.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Mike Rose for me with Eisworth in a close second. Rose with 15-20 extra pounds of muscle is going to wreck some people this year. Not so sure there is another defense in the country that is stronger up the middle than Iowa State with Lima, Rose and Eisworth.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
I'm most excited to see the competition at running back unfold. It's felt like forever since we had a running back that wasn't DM, and we have a ton of talent within the 5 guys we have. Which ever one sets themselves apart from the group will be really really good.

Me too. With an more experience offensive line it will be fun to see the competition unfold at RB. Lots of different skill set in that room. I'm guessing with Manning back the running game will take on some new twists.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I'm most excited to see the guys I don't know, or guys that will need to step up their minutes. Will M, all the RBs, all the WR, all the TEs for that matter. Not that the other guys mentioned are not very good, but at this point we pretty well know that Purdy, Rose, Lima, etc are good/very good players. Also want to see some of the younger linemen on both sides of the ball. Have a lot of turnover in that area after this season.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
For returning players....

Offense- Purdy
Defense- Will McDonald

For newbies (true freshman, not transfers or JUCOs)....

Offense- Leonard Glass (assuming he'll be on offense)
Defense- Blake Peterson

Cyclonic1

Aug 7, 2012
Sun City, AZ
Who is the player(s) you are all most excited to see this upcoming season? Whether it be an established player like Bailey who will be setting career records, or a youngster who has barely played thus far, let's talk about the players who everyone is pumped to see this year. I think my answer would be Tarique Milton. It will be interesting to see if he can fill some of the big-play ability we lost with Butler leaving for the NFL.

I know @baller1 is especially excited to see what Assalley is bringing to the table this year.
I am anxious to see the pk we got from AZ last year who red shirted. I know we grabbed another for the future but I want to see (cannot remember his name now) if the staff totally whiffed on that stud or not. Of the higher profile guys I would say Scates.