WHERE ARE THE NOW: Brent "Big Play" Curvey

CRCy17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Chicago, IL
Great article Rob! That CU game was my freshman year and will always have memories of the sky turning bright Cardinal and the complete whooping we put on the Buffs

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Great read. Brent was one of my favorite players during my time at ISU.

I've been into his place probably 6 or 7 times now. He's always there. His wife is a lot of times as well. Both super nice people.

The only thing you got wrong is that the best kolache is the breakfast sausage. With their sausage gravy. That sausage gravy is fantastic in and of itself.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Great stuff as always Rob. It is always fun to get to know these guys a little better. Nothing quite as exciting as when a d lineman scores a TD.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Might have to visit his restaurant, now. Sounds amazing.

I once sat next to him on a flight. That dude has possibly the broadest shoulders of any person on the planet. We ended up talking ISU football for the entire flight. I'm sure I seemed like a total fanboy. "Remember that time against Colorado!" But he was really cool. Incredibly nice guy.

Reactions: aauummm

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Good read. I don't even live in Iowa but I always enjoy reading about former players that came from areas where there's different culture, night life, entertainment etc. but settle in Iowa.

Favorite might be Julius having a farm.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Might have to visit his restaurant, now. Sounds amazing.

I once sat next to him on a flight. That dude has possibly the broadest shoulders of any person on the planet. We ended up talking ISU football for the entire flight. I'm sure I seemed like a total fanboy. "Remember that time against Colorado!" But he was really cool. Incredibly nice guy.

The first time I went in, I was that guy and mentioned something about "the Colorado game." He called it his ONE moment of greatness, and said he was gonna put it on loop in the place. :D

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
GREAT read. Brought back some great memories of the 2004 and 2005 seasons. I was lucky enough to be at the Tornado Game. He spent a lot of time in opponents' backfields during those two seasons.

Didn't realize he was a local entrepreneur. Can't wait to go support him.

• Agree