Where are all the cliffdwellers now?

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
We won and you've got cliffdwellers on your mind? Seems like they're in your head.

Try enjoying the win instead of thinking about them.
This is the time you have to kick them while they are down. Which is what they spend their entire existence waiting to do to others. Payback is a female dog baby.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This is the time you have to kick them while they are down. Which is what they spend their entire existence waiting to do to others. Payback is a female dog baby.

There are a handful that were thriving during the 'spiral' either in 'gotcha' mode or needing a turmoil fix.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I believe we locked ourselves into no worse than a 6 seed with one of the biggest regular season wins in ISU history.

Had we lost that game and the B12 tourney opener, I would have been sweating it out next weekend. There's only been 1 team in NCAA history that got an at large bid with a record worse than 17-14.... 2001 Georgia was 16-14. Glad we can put that argument to rest.
So you think we are no worse than a 6 but lose on the road to #7 and a neutral game and we are somehow bubble and may not get in? Make it make sense.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
If we get a 5/6 I'd be feeling the same as if we got a 3/4. Not a whole lot of difference in the brackets. How we do is simply going to come down to how we play. I can't remember an ISU team that could look so good some games and so bad others. I've never yelled at the screen, but that second half deal at Tech? Anyway, glad to see the team have the fortitude they showed today. I can feel good going into the tourney now.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
If we get a 5/6 I'd be feeling the same as if we got a 3/4. Not a whole lot of difference in the brackets. How we do is simply going to come down to how we play. I can't remember an ISU team that could look so good some games and so bad others. I've never yelled at the screen, but that second half deal at Tech? Anyway, glad to see the team have the fortitude they showed today. I can feel good going into the tourney now.

You don’t remember last season?

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
A big factor in this game was minimal stupid, worthess, over reaching, backbreaking fouls that leads to and one's and early 1&1 and double bonus. Scoring 70 was huge as well.

Reactions: Gary_ISU

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Ya know…there is such a thing as “middle ground”. The sky is rarely falling completely (unless you’re in the midst of a 2 win season), but the “holier than thou” schtick is almost as annoying. Those in the second group can’t say, with a straight face, that they were “ok” with what they saw in the preceding two weeks, so quit acting like you were. It’s disingenuous.

Be happy with today, for sure. It can be done without being ignorant to prior events.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Seeding matters less lately because other “major” conferences are often like minor leagues and we won’t get a big 12 rematch until sweet 16.

• Winner
Reactions: amishclone

Help Support Us

Become a patron