What Your Marriage Counselor Doesn't Want You To Know

jamesfnb

Apr 9, 2006
  • Sixty-nine percent of all arguments between you and your partner will never be resolved. So don’t try so hard.
  • A couple that doesn’t fight is in trouble.
  • Having a “good enoughâ€￾ marriage is the most couples can expect and is actually quite an accomplishment.
  • Letting go is sometimes better than discussing everything to death.
  • Respect, not sex or money, is the most important factor in a happy marriage.
  • There are marital breaches worse than an affair.
  • A therapist cannot teach, train, or guide you to “be happy.â€￾ That is not a reasonable outcome to expect from therapy.
http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/sex/what-your-marriage-counselor-doesn-t-want-you-to-know-2588205/

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I think it depends on how you define "good enough"

Also what breach is worse than an affair?

I can think of several. For instance, would you rather have your spouse rack up $500k in debt under both of your names without your knowledge or bang some dude?

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
I can think of several. For instance, would you rather have your spouse rack up $500k in debt under both of your names without your knowledge or bang some dude?

Not to poke holes in your argument but I would hope somebody would have enough sense stop that much debt from happening.

But I guess ruining someone's reputation could be a lot worse as getting another job may become more difficult.

Apr 19, 2006
The other thing marriage counselors won't tell you (or advertise anyway) is that the counseling will typically end as soon as the counselor agrees with man.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!! I mean I have no idea what you are talking about. :wideeyed: