What is the Greatest Soundtrack Ever?

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Oh, wait, wait, wait, I totally forgot about Moroder's modern scoring of "Metropolis".

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
A score and a soundtrack are two very different things.

Kind of. The score is part of the soundtrack whereas a soundtrack isn't necessarily a score (obviously). But yeah, for most they probably think of songs (with words) over movies with scores when talking "soundtracks".

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
Um, no, a score is original music created for a movie and a soundtrack is a chosen selection of songs to be included in a movie.

Um yes.

In many cases they can be different, where there is a score (as you stated) and individual pieces that comprise the soundtrack (songs). Basically the soundtrack is the recording of the music of the movie that is released for mass consumption. In some cases, not all, the score IS the soundtrack. The pieces are named, released and sold for mass consumption. Conan the Barbarian is one such instance as I have the ******* soundtrack.

In many cases the score is never released or a few select pieces are mixed in with songs used in a movie. So yes, what I stated is actually correct in the context with which is was stated.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Um yes.

In many cases they can be different, where there is a score (as you stated) and individual pieces that comprise the soundtrack (songs). Basically the soundtrack is the recording of the music of the movie that is released for mass consumption. In some cases, not all, the score IS the soundtrack. The pieces are named, released and sold for mass consumption. Conan the Barbarian is one such instance as I have the ******* soundtrack.

In many cases the score is never released or a few select pieces are mixed in with songs used in a movie. So yes, what I stated is actually correct in the context with which is was stated.
Nah

• Dumb
Reactions: ZRF

Cupped

Feb 11, 2016
Goodfellas

• "Rags to Riches" - Tony Bennett
  • "Hearts of Stone" - Otis Williams and the Charms
  • "Speedo" - The Cadillacs
  • "Playboy" - The Marvellettes
  • "Stardust" - Billy Ward and His Dominoes
  • "It's Not for Me to Say" - Johnny Mathis