What I know about the McNeil situation: part 2

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
Then waited a full month to ask for a release? The NCAA might not consider to be tampering, but ISU can call it whatever they want. Even if he wasn't on staff yet, that doesn't make it any less shady. It just wouldn't be punishable by the NCAA.

The timing on the Cal connection doesn't make sense to me either. The coach got hired 6 weeks ago. Why just now would he be asking for the release?

*Disclaimer: Not saying he is for sure not going to Cal*

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
The only reason he wants out is that Chris Walker was hired at Cal last month after previously working for UA (who sponsored McNeill's AAU program).

This may sound sad, but I hope this is 100% true. Then it's on his end only. Then any of his implications of us breaking any promises or such would just be excuses for him saving face for his own disrespect and & lack of integrity with commitments. Then I could switch to being glad he didn't come here.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm and isu83

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
The timing on the Cal connection doesn't make sense to me either. The coach got hired 6 weeks ago. Why just now would he be asking for the release?

*Disclaimer: Not saying he is for sure not going to Cal*

Yeah why so late...2 weeks or less from coming on campus. So frustrating.

• Agree
Reactions: MartinCy

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
This may sound sad, but I hope this is 100% true. Then it's on his end only. Then any of his implications of us breaking any promises or such would just be excuses for him saving face for his own disrespect and & lack of integrity with commitments. Then I could switch to being glad he didn't come here.

Oh for gods sake there are no implications that this is anything but the kid wanting to go to cal.

Stupid Iowa state fans continue to blame Iowa state.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
More than anything I feel bad for the kid. I imagine he has to be torn. I would imagine there is more at play than him just changing his mind-- probably a lot of pressure from family, friends, etc.

Cal is going to be bad next year. Like really bad. Ivan Raab, Charlie Moore and Jabari Bird are all gone. Also, you play in a league where even the good teams get minimal national exposure.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis

I just pulled the petty move of the day. I went back and liked all of his tweets of him in Iowa State gear.
Might as well send him this, too.
She-Stands-Up-Herself.gif

Reactions: Cyke

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Oh for gods sake there are no implications that this is anything but the kid wanting to go to cal.

You have a reading comprehension problem. I didn't put any blame on ISU. Other posters are analyzing some of his quotes, not me. I'm just stating that it will be easier to 'let him go' if he's using ISU as his excuse.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012

Well, duh, there are from NcNeill, according to OTHER posters. Didn't even suggest they were true. Just that he was indicating us, which could make him even more hard to like. Glad you absolutely 100% know the exact reason and others are stupid. Why can't we all be like you?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
It doesn't make any sense for people to be attacking our coaches because a player decides to leave.
Did I ever mention on this board that Darius used to DM me after all his games basically begging me to tweet his stats so he could retweet them? Well because of that I thought he owed me some answers lol.

Me: "Darius, are you going to explain why you aren't coming to Iowa State anymore?"

Darius: "No need to. They know why !!!!"

Me: "Well what happened? I thought you were excited about coming to Ames?"

Darius: "I was until things hit the fan!!! I'm doing what's best for me and my family now."
He's full of ****. You are young, you'll learn.

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
He's making stuff up is what it is.

Or he considers asking for release and not getting it yet/things not going his way to be "stuff hitting the fan."