What happens to fb ticket prices?

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Assuming we have football with fans (big assumption at this point) and that Iowa will not be playing this fall, what will happen to ticket prices on the secondary market? There are several factors at play here so I’d like to hear your thoughts.

My parents, whom are both in the vulnerable age bracket, have already expressed interest in missing the season and potentially contacting the ticket office to let them know but I have told them to hold off until we know more. The decision might be made for us.

Reactions: Trice

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Don’t know about ISU, but have heard the Chiefs may try to ban secondary sales, and may institute a policy that every season ticket holder has to provide name and contact information for their other family/friends over contact tracing purposes. If you can’t make a game, have to sell your tickets back to Chiefs.

Could see ISU doing the same since only season ticket holders will be initially issued tickets.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Don’t know about ISU, but have heard the Chiefs may try to ban secondary sales, and may institute a policy that every season ticket holder has to provide name and contact information for their other family/friends over contact tracing purposes. If you can’t make a game, have to sell your tickets back to Chiefs.

Could see ISU doing the same since only season ticket holders will be initially issued tickets.
I can totally see this happening. As long as they have an option to buy back that’s is great. I don’t care about making money on tickets but don’t want to lose either

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Assuming we have football with fans (big assumption at this point) and that Iowa will not be playing this fall, what will happen to ticket prices on the secondary market? There are several factors at play here so I’d like to hear your thoughts.

My parents, whom are both in the vulnerable age bracket, have already expressed interest in missing the season and potentially contacting the ticket office to let them know but I have told them to hold off until we know more. The decision might be made for us.

Great timing, I was considering a thread of this nature myself.

The deadline on our decisions for tickets is 8/28, but the announcement for the seating plan may not come until 9/1. That seems backward, because whether the plan is 25% or 50% capacity might affect what people decide.

I also have parents in a vulnerable age bracket deciding what to do. I advised that they keep their tickets even if they don't go, because resale at cost seems almost assured - which is rarely the case, even in good seasons.

I would hope ISU would communicate it if they make some kind of restriction because again, that might affect people's plans.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014

The deadline on our decisions for tickets is 8/28, but the announcement for the seating plan may not come until 9/1. That seems backward, because whether the plan is 25% or 50% capacity might affect what people decide.

I also have parents in a vulnerable age bracket deciding what to do. I advised that they keep their tickets even if they don't go, because resale at cost seems almost assured - which is rarely the case, even in good seasons.

I would hope ISU would communicate it if they make some kind of restriction because again, that might affect people's plans.
I agree that cost seems assured. Many will choose not to attend and people traveling a few hours might do the same without tailgating. If it’s 25% capacity I’m not worried about having to eat tickets. Curious to see where they reseat us since we were SEZ Club. No perks with the club this year so hopefully that moves my seat to a better viewpoint.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
I agree that cost seems assured. Many will choose not to attend and people traveling a few hours might do the same without tailgating. If it’s 25% capacity I’m not worried about having to eat tickets. Curious to see where they reseat us since we were SEZ Club. No perks with the club this year so hopefully that moves my seat to a better viewpoint.

It will probably change, but JP's latest communication to SEZ season ticket holders was a reduction in cost to $500 for this year, but initial plans to allow 100% attendance. Prob won't stand up.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
I still have two sets of tickets reserved. They are in different locations. Ideally, I would get three games for one set and different games for the second set.

Wishful thinking.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
I deferred until next year and it was a pretty easy decision. Truth be told, the ability to tailgate does equate to some of the ticket value for me so with that gone it was a bummer. Add in the risk of not actually getting a full season. Plus was going to miss the first home game... other plans were made because that was supposed to be an away game weekend! Certainly hope I can get single game tickets on secondary market though. Hopefully if they have to reduce to less than 50% capacity my deferral makes that a bit easier :)

• Agree
Reactions: cycloner29

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
I'm fine with whatever decision they make and feel confident that JP will make it right to those who purchase tickets and then aren't allowed to attend due to ISU athletics policy. I will say that I kept them unsure if we'd actually attend, but felt like I could recoup cost on the secondary market. I can foresee a couple of scenarios playing out where I would attend games and didn't want to miss out if only 50% were allowed to go.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I think the demand for tickets next year will be off the charts, so JP can probably increase the prices next year on tickets and parking IMO.

• Disagree
Reactions: awd4cy

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
I considered deferral, but cannot stand the thought of missing potentially the best Cyclone team ever.

The ultimate Cyclone nut job? For once, we will have beautiful weather every home Saturday, and an outstanding team, and they will play in front of no fans.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I considered deferral, but cannot stand the thought of missing potentially the best Cyclone team ever.

The ultimate Cyclone nut job? For once, we will have beautiful weather every home Saturday, and an outstanding team, and they will play in front of no fans.
Who do you think that is? I feel like we even have several posters on here in the running for that title...

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
I'm planning on going to every home game, plus the Kansas game in Lawrence.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Who do you think that is? I feel like we even have several posters on here in the running for that title...

Oh no, sorry. Not a person, I meant this season could be the ultimate kick to the nuts for Cyclone fans.

Seems like we have had more than our share of **** weather for home games the last 2-3 seasons. Watch this year be wonderful every home game.

And we could have one of our best teams ever.

It would just be so Cyclone to have those two things come together, and the decision has to be made that no fans are allowed.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I think the demand for tickets next year will be off the charts, so JP can probably increase the prices next year on tickets and parking IMO.
He can, but already said prices will be the same as this year.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa

I think I would accept a B12 championship if I couldn't see it in person. Of course I'd rather see it in person.

But watching a 10 win team from home or a 5 win team from the stands???

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Oh no, sorry. Not a person, I meant this season could be the ultimate kick to the nuts for Cyclone fans.

Seems like we have had more than our share of **** weather for home games the last 2-3 seasons. Watch this year be wonderful every home game.

And we could have one of our best teams ever.

It would just be so Cyclone to have those two things come together, and the decision has to be made that no fans are allowed.
I know what you meant; I just thought the way you posted it left the door open...

;)

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
He can, but already said prices will be the same as this year.

Also worth remembering that we have no idea what next year looks like. The Big Ten seems likely to shorten its fall season, so I bet the Iowa game falls off the schedule again.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010

As a follow up to this...my section is full of wise elders who had season tickets going back to the opening of JTS. At least some of them, including my parents, are skipping this season. Seems like there are a number of younger people here on CF doing the same. So I'm guessing the athletic department will have a decent-sized resale pool.