What happens if... [Finals]

dornstar44

Apr 10, 2006
Wichita, KS
I know Wichita State closed last night and all the finals that were supposed to be taken last night have been pushed back to next Monday - I have no idea what all the students are gonna do that are from out of town/state and have plans to go home this weekend :-(

TykeClone

Burgermeister!
Oct 18, 2006
Does anybody know what happens if the school is forced to close on a finals day? Do we make up the finals, do they just figure our grades based on our current percent, or what? Not that I'm hoping or anything... :wink:

I was taking a summer class in 1993 during the floods. I had a history final on the day that Hilton flooded - made if half way to Ames before I heard that classes were canceled. I (along with the rest of the class) showed up at the professor's door the following day and asked about the status of the final - his response was "do you want to take it?"

Everyone left. In a hurry.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Here's a better question, has this EVER happened? Like someone said, it's probably take a lot more than a little snow and ice to cancel finals. A power outage or blizzard conditions or some kind of natural disaster is about the only thing I can think of that would cancel a day of finals.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
In the 11-12 years I've lived in Ames, I can only recall ISU classes being cancelled, at most, three times. I believe two of those were for the entire day, and one was "after 4:00".

It would easily take 9-10" of snow on top of any accumulated ice before ISU would even consider shutting it down. Especially during Finals week.

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
The only thing that might happen if there is horrible weather during finals would be that they hold the final, and professors must make accomodations for students who can't make the final. However, they'd have to write an entirely new final because people could cheat and they'd have to deal with students complaining about others getting more time to study.

Long story short, it's never going to happen.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Last time classes were cancled (it does not happen often) it was because it was going to snow in the middle of the day, closing down 30 and 35 out of town. So while it wasn't going to prevent people from coming to school, it was going to prevent them from going home :confused:

I thought that was odd... usually those are the people that have to suck it up or make alternative arragements (since most of the student population and enough of the professors/TA's live IN Ames, the decision is usually based on transportation around Ames)

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale
Took HDSF 276 last week....CAKE.Just go over the study guide a couple times because that is all that is on the test really.

Yeah, I took that last week as well. So this question has been on my mind a few times in that class throughout the semester.....do you guys think that the prof (Chapman) is the freek in the sheets that she comes off as???:spinny:

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
So, let's see. Classes were cancelled after the noon hour last February I believe. So, that means that classes won't be cancelled for another 26 years.

Finals are on. Too bad for all of you, I'm doing a co-op in Cedar Rapids, so it really doesn't matter to me this time around...

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
This is my final finals week. I've basically been done since last Thursday, but I have to hand in a paper that I have finished at 730 Thursday morning.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Yeah, I took that last week as well. So this question has been on my mind a few times in that class throughout the semester.....do you guys think that the prof (Chapman) is the freek in the sheets that she comes off as???:spinny:

I could kind of see her as being the type to not do random flings, so at the moment the only freaky things she does between the sheets is probally with herself

That having been said, I'm sure she has some good ideas for spicing it up :yes:, though there is a difference between "book knowledge" and "street knowledge"

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I could kind of see her as being the type to not do random flings, so at the moment the only freaky things she does between the sheets is probally with herself

That having been said, I'm sure she has some good ideas for spicing it up :yes:, though there is a difference between "book knowledge" and "street knowledge"

LOL, this discussion is funny. This reminds me of a World Government class I took once where the prof had some larger breasts and was fairly attractive but she always wore these turtlenecks or business suits and glasses so she looked all conservative. One of the guys that always sat next to me one day nudged me and says "the only reason I even show up for this class is I'm hoping one day she's wearing something that shows off a little cleavage." She kind of came off as one of those quiet/conservative types that you wondered if she was really like that outside of the classroom.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
When I was in Spain this summer I had a nice looking Spanish professor who wore clothing that accentuated her better features. Talk about waking you up in the morning :wacko:

One of the guys in my class would flirt with her shamelessly, which was funny because we were in an introduction to Spanish class for all of us who had taken spanish and forgotten it. I think he studied harder just so he could learn to flirt with the Prof and the locals :biglaugh:

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
This thread has taken an interesting turn from it's original purpose. But I have to agree with the thinking of Chapman's "freaky" side by the way she acts sometimes.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Hmm she DOES put out candy and condoms as treats for people to take after every exam...

I'd say we should have had a HD FS 276 thread but that'd get shut down in all of about 30 minutes :rolleyes:

JDB41

Dec 9, 2007
Ames, IA
Dude what is HD FS 276 cause I have a dudes as professors or preganent teachers so if there is a offered class where you get free condoms, candy and a hot professor I really would like to know more about it! I mean I know pay attention better in that type of atmosphere!:yes:

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
It is Human Sexuality. Here is the description.

Behavioral, biological, and psychological aspects of human sexuality within the social context of family, culture, and society. Role of sexuality in human development. Critical analysis of media and research. Communication and decision-making skills relating to sexuality issues and relationships.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron