What ever happen to?

nb06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2007
I have searched the internet high and low for a video clip of Troy's Heisman interview. If anyone can come up with this I think we all would really enjoy it.

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
Do we know what the Davis boys are up to now?

NOW? no.

I hope everyone knows that Darren Davis played for a half season in the CFL and set a bunch of records. Troy Davis went to the CFL after the agony at New Orleans and played until a year or so ago. His teams were never very talented and did not win often. I'm sure he was paid more on a yearly basis than most of us and is living well somewhere.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Troy Davis went to the CFL after the agony at New Orleans and played until a year or so ago. His teams were never very talented and did not win often. I'm sure he was paid more on a yearly basis than most of us and is living well somewhere.

An interview I read about TD when he was inducted into the ISU hall of fame gave me the impression he was back living at home with his mom. His last NFL payday occured 10 years ago.

Its possible the NFL money is all gone. The average CFL salary is 70,000 a year. Have no idea what the league minimum is.

RandomFan

Aug 11, 2009
How so? I'm guessing Frank Gore is no genius, I just put it in there to show that a really good back can be dumb and good at the same time!

Agreed. That's what I was saying too. It's yet another way scouts over-analyze every player.

mythreeclones

Dec 21, 2008
Ames
The story I am about to tell is 100% true, it happened the first year I attended ISU and whenever someone mentions Troy Davis I think of this. Enjoy.
The first year that TD ran for over 2,000 I happened to have a class with him. As the season went on and he gained more and more yards, he came to class less and less. The class was held in an auditorium so I tried to get there early enough to get a seat in the balcony in case I dozed off the professor wouldn't notice. The one time I was running late and had to sit on the main floor happened to be a test day so the class was more crowded than normal. I ended up in a folding chair with a flip up desktop smack dab in the front of the room. The last person in that day was TD and he took the chair next to me. When the exams were passed out ond the TA said begin, Troy picked up his seat and turned it so he could look right at my paper. He didn't try to hide the fact that he was looking off my test and we couldn't have been more than twenty feet from the TA. At one point I covered my answers and her reached across and moved my arm out of the way, I was stunned.
About a quarter of the way through I delibritly skipped a bubble so the answers would be wrong. When we finished the test at the exact same time, I made it look like I was checking my answer sheet over while he grabbed his coat, turned in his test and left. After a couple of min, I went up to the TA and explained how I noticed I had skipped a bubble and every answer from there was off. Honest to God he started laughing said good job and gave me a new answer sheet.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
The story I am about to tell is 100% true, it happened the first year I attended ISU and whenever someone mentions Troy Davis I think of this. Enjoy.
The first year that TD ran for over 2,000 I happened to have a class with him. As the season went on and he gained more and more yards, he came to class less and less. The class was held in an auditorium so I tried to get there early enough to get a seat in the balcony in case I dozed off the professor wouldn't notice. The one time I was running late and had to sit on the main floor happened to be a test day so the class was more crowded than normal. I ended up in a folding chair with a flip up desktop smack dab in the front of the room. The last person in that day was TD and he took the chair next to me. When the exams were passed out ond the TA said begin, Troy picked up his seat and turned it so he could look right at my paper. He didn't try to hide the fact that he was looking off my test and we couldn't have been more than twenty feet from the TA. At one point I covered my answers and her reached across and moved my arm out of the way, I was stunned.
About a quarter of the way through I delibritly skipped a bubble so the answers would be wrong. When we finished the test at the exact same time, I made it look like I was checking my answer sheet over while he grabbed his coat, turned in his test and left. After a couple of min, I went up to the TA and explained how I noticed I had skipped a bubble and every answer from there was off. Honest to God he started laughing said good job and gave me a new answer sheet.

I believe it. I helped Troy find a book for library class.

I have a few other stories similar to yours about other players, but I won't share them publicly! (cough NCAA cough)

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

Nice, so you deliberately tried to get the best player in ISU history to fail a test? You are so cool. I would have had no problem helping him out, but thats just me.

And yes the wonderlic tests are BS, they are more about memorizing things and how fast you can answer questions. I am a CPA and consider myself fairly intellegent, however when I looked over the test I truly believe I would not have scored very well because memorizing things quickly isn't my strong point.

It was always funny in the locker room listening to the guys give Darren Davis crap about how he talked, it was very hard to understand him.

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Nice, so you deliberately tried to get the best player in ISU history to fail a test? You are so cool. I would have had no problem helping him out, but thats just me.
I am a CPA.
Glad you're not my accountant. I enjoy my freedom.
I had an ISU football player (who went to the NFL) cheat off me on a math test. Joke was on him because the test was only the second class I had been to. Pretty sure I was just filling in bubbles.

im4iast8

Mar 25, 2008
Ames
If I'm not mistaken, I believe Troy did have the lowest test score on the wonderlic, until that honor was taken from him by Darren, who to this day still holds the record... Hell Vince Young only scored a 10 on it!

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
NOW? no.

I hope everyone knows that Darren Davis played for a half season in the CFL and set a bunch of records. Troy Davis went to the CFL after the agony at New Orleans and played until a year or so ago. His teams were never very talented and did not win often. I'm sure he was paid more on a yearly basis than most of us and is living well somewhere.

For the record, Troy did help a team win the Grey Cup, the CFL Super Bowl. Not the best link, but here is wikipedia:

Troy Davis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Category:Grey Cup champions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And for fun a brief clip I found:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EknuLM_Xk0]YouTube - Troy Davis Grey Cup[/ame]

mythreeclones

Dec 21, 2008
Ames

I wouldn't have had such a problem with him doing it had he not been so obvious about it.

Sandman

Oct 13, 2009
France

And yes the wonderlic tests are BS, they are more about memorizing things and how fast you can answer questions. I am a CPA and consider myself fairly intellegent, however when I looked over the test I truly believe I would not have scored very well because memorizing things quickly isn't my strong point.

It was always funny in the locker room listening to the guys give Darren Davis crap about how he talked, it was very hard to understand him.

You don't have much common sense, do you?

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Imma completely side with Isufbcurt here. I'm all about each man doing his fair share and all........BUT Seriously, it was Iowa state in the 90's! THE LAUGHINGSTOCK OF THE BIG 8 and this guy thinks he's being cute by trying to submarine the only thing that program had going for it in roughly 20 years. Troy Davis was possibly as influencial for ISU football as anyone, and this is how he gets treated and discussed on an ISU forum????? Like hes an all world football player, but an all around idot or moron? Thats pretty much whats being said here....

If either Davis wasnt the the brightest book smart guy, who cares? The Davis boys mission was to run that rock like a mad-man. Some of these players(former/current/etc) come from the worst neighborhoods imaginable and it appears the smallest effort to educate them is the norm. Some guys play football because its the best way to avoid drugs and gamgs. Excuse them for taking the only route out of hell they can find to try and make a better life for themselves.

Not trying to get all soapboxy and such here, but we live in vanilla *** Iowa, and 95% of us didnt have to worry much about where or when the next meal would come from or have to keep an eye out for everyday violence.

Last edited:
Reactions: cyco2000

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Imma completely side with Isufbcurt here. I'm all about each man doing his fair share and all........BUT Seriously, it was Iowa state in the 90's! THE LAUGHINGSTOCK OF THE BIG 8 and this guy thinks he's being cute by trying to submarine the only thing that program had going for it in roughly 20 years. Troy Davis was possibly as influencial for ISU football as anyone, and this is how he gets treated and discussed on an ISU forum????? Like hes an all world football player, but an all around idot or moron? Thats pretty much whats being said here....

If either Davis wasnt the the brightest book smart guy, who cares? The Davis boys mission was to run that rock like a mad-man. Some of these players(former/current/etc) come from the worst neighborhoods imaginable and it appears the smallest effort to educate them is the norm. Some guys play football because its the best way to avoid drugs and gamgs. Excuse them for taking the only route out of hell they can find to try and make a better life for themselves.

Not trying to get all soapboxy and such here, but we live in vanilla *** Iowa, and 95% of us didnt have to worry much about where or when the next meal would come from or have to keep an eye out for everyday violence.
This is ******* sad.