What do you admire about your mom

Cycloin

Feb 5, 2009
Johnston
1.She always found the good in people.
2. She lived/truly lived each day of her life, never took anything for granted.
3. I never heard her complain in 80 plus years of living.
4. She always, always made time for her children and grandchildren.

I could go on and on, I was very lucky. :notworthy:

Sounds very similar to mine. I would add that my mom is the most "fair" person I have ever met. She makes "fairness" a career, I think, when it comes to her kids, their spouses, spouses families, grandchildren, etc.

cycloneace55

Nov 22, 2006
Gardena, CA
1. She put up with me as a teenager.
2. She let me solve my own problems but was always there when really needed help.
3. Despite all her faults.... She's my Mom.

MoreCowbell

Apr 23, 2009
She was willing to watch her 4 grandkids aged 6 years to 6 months while my dad, two sisters, husband and BIL went to partake in Cy's House of Trivia.

Honestly, though, I am blessed with a great mom. She's always willing to help out with anything (cooking, sewing, cleaning, shopping, fixing, whatever). I have a great role model and hope my kids think of me the same way when they get older.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Sounds very similar to mine. I would add that my mom is the most "fair" person I have ever met. She makes "fairness" a career, I think, when it comes to her kids, their spouses, spouses families, grandchildren, etc.

Are you sure we're not related?:smile:

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
She was willing to watch her 4 grandkids aged 6 years to 6 months while my dad, two sisters, husband and BIL went to partake in Cy's House of Trivia.

Honestly, though, I am blessed with a great mom. She's always willing to help out with anything (cooking, sewing, cleaning, shopping, fixing, whatever). I have a great role model and hope my kids think of me the same way when they get older.

MoreCowbell, you seem like a good woman. I have one tip to you for the future. If you ever have a daughter in law, do everything you can to include her in the family, whether you like her that much or not. If the relationship between you fails, at least it won't be from lack of effort on your part.

My wife grew up with just her mom and all she ever wanted was a big family. My family has done very little to make her feel welcome and this has caused my wife to cry in the past. Now it just makes us both angry.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
My mom has an absolutely outstanding work ethic, and always made me feel loved when I was growing up. They gave me plenty of space and could still reign me in when I needed it.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
She takes all the **** me and my brother throw at her (from jokes, to stupidity making decisions) and somehow still gets up every morning. :notworthy:

CYKXBUT

Jul 21, 2006
1.She always found the good in people.
2. She lived/truly lived each day of her life, never took anything for granted.
3. I never heard her complain in 80 plus years of living.
4. She always, always made time for her children and grandchildren.

I could go on and on, I was very lucky. :notworthy:
Check, check, check and check. She also includes her daughter-in-laws as family because they are.

price26

Sep 1, 2006
Ames, IA
I love my mom, but mother's day is also about grandparents.

Both my grandmas are widowed, and they are the strongest persons I know. My mom's mom has been without Grandpa for 25 years now, and last year my dad's dad passed away. How they made it through that I have no idea. I'm not sure I could handle it as well as they have.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron