What are is fondness memories from 99-00 team?

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
A couple of things:
1. That OSU/UT home stretch where I finally realized we had a team that could really win the conference and maybe the national title.
2. The weekend in KC and an awesome title game beat down against OU.
3. Killing UCLA. The whole week, UCLA fans online were saying "How are you going to guard Kapono? How are you going to guard Rush? How are you going to guard Moishu?". They threw lobs all over Maryland. ISU just undercut them and the lob wasn't there. UCLA folded and Tinsley put on a display...I almost felt sorry for Earl Watson. Then, a horde of students congregated on LW and Welch, actually stopping traffic on LW.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
This is a small thing, but I was a senior in high school and we were having lunch at a buddy's house off campus. A press conference for the tourney came on and it was Larry and some players. We just sat there and watched the whole thing and were completely late for class and just didn't care.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Also... running UCLA out of the gym in the S16 after pundits gushed over them all week.
This was my gut response too. I remember being terrified prior to that game thanks to all the media hype. I was also 11 and very impressionable. Made the blowout win feel so much better.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
A couple of things:
1. That OSU/UT home stretch where I finally realized we had a team that could really win the conference and maybe the national title.
2. The weekend in KC and an awesome title game beat down against OU.
3. Killing UCLA. The whole week, UCLA fans online were saying "How are you going to guard Kapono? How are you going to guard Rush? How are you going to guard Moishu?". They threw lobs all over Maryland. ISU just undercut them and the lob wasn't there. UCLA folded and Tinsley put on a display...I almost felt sorry for Earl Watson. Then, a horde of students congregated on LW and Welch, actually stopping traffic on LW.
I remember Fizer making Dan Gadzuric look like a little boy trying to defend him.