What’s your Thanksgiving and Christmas going to look like?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

What’s your 2020 thanksgiving and Christmas going to look like?

• Small group of family.

• All of family. Like any normal year.

• I will not be celebrating with any family this year.

• Large group of family/all of family but will require masks inside home with other safety protocols.

Results are only viewable after voting.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
With cold weather coming and COVID-19 cases and deaths back on the rise, what is your holiday gatherings going to look like this year? Small group of family? Going to have all the family together like normal?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
We usually host my wife's fam at our place for Thanksgiving, usually 15+ in addition to us and our daughters. This year it may be 1, her sister from CR may come in. That's it.

Regardless, I'm hoping AMC does 'The Godfather' on Thanksgiving morning as it has in recent years for some semblance of normalcy while I do prep work with the bird.

Reactions: JVAR and 2020cy

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
We usually host my wife's fam at our place for Thanksgiving, usually 15+ in addition to us and our daughters. This year it may be 1, her sister from CR may come in. That's it.

Regardless, I'm hoping AMC does 'The Godfather' on Thanksgiving morning as it has in recent years for some semblance of normalcy while I do prep work with the bird.
Just going to be me, my girlfriend and my parents this year. Usually we would go to her parents with about 15ish other family members, but her dad has COPD so that’s definitely a no go.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I usually go to the basketball tournament site. Hawaii, Bahamas etc

This year I will be alone. And if I did have an opportunity to go see family. I wouldn't.

Idiotic to do large gatherings and it'll only get worse from here.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Myself and a select, small group of friends will be quarantining for two weeks prior to Thanksgiving, then we fly on a private jet to a private island that I’ve rented for a month. These past few months have been hard on all of us, and we’ll be able to just be normal for a short period of time.

Busch__Latte

Sep 17, 2020
Myself and a select, small group of friends will be quarantining for two weeks prior to Thanksgiving, then we fly on a private jet to a private island that I’ve rented for a month. These past few months have been hard on all of us, and we’ll be able to just be normal for a short period of time.
That's totally happening.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Kim, is that you?

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
Both grandparents are part of our daycare plan so it will likely be a normal, but smaller holiday. Wife’s side will be mostly unchanged, but my side will just be my folks. 70 year old uncle with a history of stroke, aunt with diabetes, and my 93 year old grandma don’t need us around all together.

I’m going to try frying a turkey this year so that will be cool. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Both grandparents are part of our daycare plan so it will likely be a normal, but smaller holiday. Wife’s side will be mostly unchanged, but my side will just be my folks. 70 year old uncle with a history of stroke, aunt with diabetes, and my 93 year old grandma don’t need us around all together.

I’m going to try frying a turkey this year so that will be cool. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

I have a brother and friends who fry their bird and it's delicious. Just don't burn your house down.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
We've been gone the last two Thanksgivings to the Maui Invitational and the Battle4Atlantis. We were actually planning on being home this time, and having as many kids and grandkids as could make it. It's looking like just the two of us now. But I think we'll go ahead and do the whole thing...just on a much smaller scale. I've missed real turkey for two years running now. Not gonna do it again this year!

Reactions: Gonzo

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
You & Kanye make SUCH a cute couple! :D

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
We've been gone the last two Thanksgivings to the Maui Invitational and the Battle4Atlantis. We were actually planning on being home this time, and having as many kids and grandkids as could make it. It's looking like just the two of us now. But I think we'll go ahead and do the whole thing...just on a much smaller scale. I've missed real turkey for two years running now. Not gonna do it again this year!

There's nothing like the aroma of home with a turkey in the oven on Thanksgiving, no matter how big the crowd. And if the Cowboys lose, even better. :)

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

I've done that it's pretty easy and they turn out nice and moist. Tip, pat that son of a gun as dry as you can both on the inside and outside the less excess water/moisture you can keep from interacting with that hot oil the better off you are, also lower it in SLOW.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

This is what I'm doing for my birthday.

I deserve a break from being famous for seeking attention with toxic behavior, you know?

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
I've done that it's pretty easy and they turn out nice and moist. Tip, pat that son of a gun as dry as you can both on the inside and outside the less excess water/moisture you can keep from interacting with that hot oil the better off you are, also lower it in SLOW.
My dad has fried a couple turkeys and they turned out pretty good. He hasn't done one like that in a few years though. The turkey fryer is now mainly used to boil sweet corn so we can freeze a bunch.

Reactions: NWICY

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'll visit my pops but won't do any extended family stuff.

Some in the family have been pretty lax so if they want to get together it'll have to wait.