Wednesday OT: best "voice" you've heard at a concert

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Best voices I’ve heard live in no particular order. IMO, each singer could pretty much replicate what was produced in studio and combining that with the energy of being live, let’s just say if I could relive events in my life, several concerts would be towards the top of my list.

Pat Benatar
Steve Perry / Journey
Brad Delp / Boston
Myles Goodwin / April Wine
Klaus Maine / Scorpians
Ann Wilson / Heart

Are you my uncle that graduated High School in 1987?

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Best voices I’ve heard live in no particular order. IMO, each singer could pretty much replicate what was produced in studio and combining that with the energy of being live, let’s just say if I could relive events in my life, several concerts would be towards the top of my list.

Pat Benatar
Steve Perry / Journey
Brad Delp / Boston
Myles Goodwin / April Wine
Klaus Maine / Scorpians
Ann Wilson / Heart
Klaus is very, very under rated vocally.

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010
Lauren Daigle at Emmaus Auditorium, in Dubuque. (Before she became popular.)

Cdiedrick

Jun 26, 2014
Sammy Hagar with Van Halen 1995, David Coverdale with Whitesnake ‘04, or Joe Elliot with Def Leppard and I’ve seen them 6 times. Been to a lot of concerts and I’m 41 fyi

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
LIAR! The Monkees were awesome and so were the Gin Blossoms with them at the 1996 Fiest Bowl Block Party.

I LOVED the experience of seeing the Monkees, but they were old AF and hadn't had Peter Tork with them forever! :p But you're right, something about listening to the Gin Blossoms play while watching a giant tortilla chip lower into a bowl of Tostitos salsa (or queso?) at midnight really sticks in one's memory.

Reactions: Jer

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
The best voice I've heard live is a female singer that primarily performed locally in the Twin Cities. Debbie Duncan. Whether it was blues, showtunes, or gospel; she could sing it all perfectly.